Saturday, May 14, 2011

Spring Carnival Karaoke Booth Winner!!

KARAOKE BOOTH


This is a reposting of the Spring Blog Carnival Karaoke Booth winner.

I had a lot of fun reading all of your challenge entries. They were great! I selected my top ten favorite entries and randomly selected a winner. In no particular order, my favorites are:

 C.E. Hart said... 
Jack Torrance, from Stephen King's The Shining, enters the karaoke booth.

He opens a bottle of spirits and gargles, readying himself for a night of fun. After all, all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

The music begins and Jack belts out ‘Crazy’ by Gnarls Barkley.

I remember when, I remember
I remember when I lost my mind
There was something so pleasant about that place
Even your emotions have an echo in so much space
Does that make me crazy?
Possibly!

 Enbrethiliel said...
I'd like Mr. Rochester to sing A Girl Like You to Jane Eyre! He could do it during the house party, so that Blanche Ingram thinks it's actually about her. =P (We'd have to find him a Victorian equivalent for "protest singers" and "protest songs," though.)

When this song first came out, I thought it was really creepy and stalkerish, and didn't like it. Well, Mr. Rochester has his creepy, stalkerish side, too. It fits him! (It's also a great song to have ringing in our ears right before the novel's fortune telling scene!)

FreakChiq said... 
I can totally see/hear Wesley Rush from Kody Keplinger's The DUFF singing Fever For the Flava by Hot Action Cop. :)

He's a (funny, lovable and charming) man-slut and he doesn't take himself too seriously. This song is just perfect for him. :D

Tammy said...
I think Hermione from Harry Potter would be thinking about Ron and she'd sing "I'd Lie" by Taylor Swift.

"And I could tell you, his favorite color's green. He loves to argue, born on the seventeenth. His sister's beautiful, he has his father's eyes. And if you ask me if I love him, I'd lie."

The Story Queen said... 
If Puck from the Iron Fey series participated in a Karaoke Booth, he would sing something to make everyone (especially Meaghan!) laugh. I can picture him singing a Justin Bieber song, like "Baby." Come on - picture it! He jumps on stage and starts singing "baby, baby, baby oh, like baby, baby, baby, ooh, like" - You get the idea. Meg would be mortified ;)

Hannah said... 
Combining my dual love of music and books? I think I could kiss ya. ;-)

I've always pictured Violet (from Kimberly Derting's "Body Finder" series) singing Delta Goodrem's "LOst Without You" to Jay, especially during "Desires of the Dead" when they're broken up and Violet is a mess. The lyrics are just so epic and perfect.

"I thought I had all the answers,
Never giving in
But baby since you've gone,
I admit that I was wrong
All I know is I'm lost without you
I'm not gonna lie
How am I gonna be strong without you?
I need you by my side"

I think this song is the embodiment of Violet's emotions.

Jex said... 
Trella (Inside Out by Maria V Snyder) steps up to the mic as Firework by Katy Perry begins to play. I see a montage of various times throughout the book where Trella sees the scrubs around her reach out to help her on her mission to find Gateway. Its the perfect song to describe how Trella goes from being just another scrub amongst the crowd to being a leader in the rebellion, a spark to light the fire Inside. 

Riv Re said... 
This is such an awesome challenge! Let me think... *rubs head from thinking*
Aha! I have the perfect one:
I can totally see Po singing "Crashed Into You" by Chris Daughtry to Katsa in Graceling.
When they met, Katsa overpowered Po, knocking him unconscious. The song goes "and then I crashed into you...could've been the death of me, but then you breathed your breath in me." Katsa is stronger than Po, and could kill him if she wanted, but they're perfect together.

I can't help it, I have another one: Breathing by Cheryl Renee Herbsman is about Savannah, a girl with asthma and the boy, Jackson, who makes her feel better, but then has to leave, making her asthma get even worse than before. I can imagine Savannah singing Taylor Swift's "Breathe" to Jackson as she begs him to come back. "I can't breathe without you, but I have to."

Liz Tea said... 
Seriously? Jace Wayland from the Mortal Instruments singing "I'm too Sexy" would be the most epic thing ever. That boy is all about some self-confidence, with a smidge of arrogance. ;D


And Rachel agrees

Rachel said... 
I'm choosing Jace from the Mortal Instruments series and the song I'm choosing is 'I'm Too Sexy For My Shirt'. I think the reasoning behind this one's obvious, but I can totally imagine Jace singing this one.

And the Winner Is . . .

TAMMY!!

Thank you to all who participated. I hope that there is another blog carnival next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs