Thursday, July 14, 2011

Once Upon a Read-a-thon Wrap Up

Once Upon a Read-a-Thon


I was really excited when I signed up with the read-a-thon. It would be during the final days of my vacation - three days of reading and bliss. Well that's not exactly what happened. I had one of the busiest vacations ever - grandmother's 80th birthday with easily 100 guests, 2 family gatherings with at least 35 people at the house and a wedding. There were a lot of fun times, but not a lot of time for reading. Oh and I barely had a chance to post my initial sign up because we were all sharing the same wireless connection, I would get kicked off whenever someone else used their laptop.

Once I realized this read-a-thon could be a potentially epic failure, I decided to remove any and all stress (reading is supposed to be fun, right?) and didn't make any declarations of which books I was going to read, how many books or pages, etc. (good thing 'cause I still wanted to feel good about myself). So this is what I did do:

finished reading After the Kiss by Terra Elan McVoy
read all of Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready (already added Shift to my wish list)
started reading Sister Mischief by Laura Goode (made it through 2 chapters) 
completed "fake synopsis" challenge hosted by The Bookish Type

Guess I could've read more, but I also could have read less. Gotta look on the bright side, right?! Oh yeah, and I lost 3 hours due to traveling and a time. But if I'm being honest I really don't think that made that much of  a difference. Ok, I still feel good about myself.

1 comment:

  1. You still read a lot! The same thing happened to me -- I thought I'd get a lot of reading time, but I ended up having to babysit my niece for a couple of days. Oh well. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs