Friday, October 7, 2011

TGIF

TGIF is hosted by Ginger at GReads! Each week she proposes a question to her followers. 

This week's question:  

To-Be-Read's: How big is your pile? Which book keeps getting pushed down the stack, but you keep meaning to read it?



My TBR pile has too many books on it that I can even begin to think how many books are waiting to be read. I am a compulsive book buyer and purchase way too many books - I feel like I justify it because I don't buy much else (except for the necessities). I love the idea of have my own home library and over the past 15 years it has grown exponentially - which means my TBR pile has too. 

Some books that keep moving down, sown, down to the bottom of my pile are Harry Potter books 1-4. I'm almost finished with books one - I may have about 40 pages left, but I just can;t manage to finish it. I worked at bookstore in 2003 and that is when I acquired them, but now 8 years later I still haven't read them. This is probably what I am most embarrassed about because I know that so many people love them, I mean hello, they are a world-wide phenomenon. Still I've almost resigned to the fact that it is just not going to happen. Until then they remain on my TBR pile (status always changing).

Here's just a small portion of my TBR pile. Any suggestions on which I should read next?



 



6 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with Divergent. I could reread that book. I set a goal this month to read ten books to knock down that TBR pile. That's a lot of books for me, but making goals help. Good luck with the TBR pile :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Shiver and Divergent on my TBR list, too. I keep meaning to read them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am loving all the photos of the TBR piles!!

    I have Shiver and Divergent both on my list, as well as a few others I see in there :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. My TBR pile is not that big right now but it keeps getting bigger. I try to take books from it in order of when I acquired them, so that the older books don't keep sinking towards the bottom but I generally fail at that because there's always several bright, shiny and new books that catch my eye and throw the whole system out of whack.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed "If I stay" and "where she went". They are a 2 part series. I also think you should read "Anatomy of a boyfriend". :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kayla - Thanks for stopping by. What is so funny is that I have read Where She Went and Anatomy of a Boyfriend. They are the only 2 in the picture (which was taken a few weeks ago) that I have read.

    Jen, Amanda, & Jac - pretty sure that I'll be reading Divergent during the read-a-thon. At least I plan to (always planning to read something)

    Cathy - the new books always get me in trouble too!

    Thanks to all for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs