Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: The Elementals

 
"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:








The Elementals
by Francesca Lia Block
Published by St. Martin's Press
Publication Date October 16, 2012










The Elementals is on one level an intriguing coming-of-age novel about a young woman, Ariel Silverman, facing the challenges of her first years away at college in Berkeley, California, while her mother battles cancer at home in Los Angeles. But the book takes on deeper, stranger meanings when we realize that Ariel is haunted by the disappearance of her best friend, Jeni, who vanished without a trace a few years before, closing Ariel's heart and changing her forever. Ariel wonders if she will ever be fully alive, until she meets three mysterious, beautiful and seductive young people living in a strange old house in the Berkeley hills. Through them Ariel will unravel the mystery of her best friend's disappearance and face a chilling choice. (from Goodreads)

Why I'm waiting: 
 
I want to read more books by Francesca Lia Block and of her books this is at the top of my list. Her stories are so unusual and she always adds some sort of twist that I didn't see coming. I love those little surprises. 



10 comments:

  1. Ooh, I haven't read this author, but this one sounds SO GOOD! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy!

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  2. I heard many good things on Francesca's book but I haven't read any of it:( Great pick!=D

    Drop by my WoW?
    http://tumblinginbooks.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-7-clues-to-winning-you-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read any books by Francesca Lia Block, but I do own one or two and plan to read them this year! *g*

    Patricia // My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds like a really good book. Here's my WoW
    Thanks, Cathy @ Addicted to Books

    ReplyDelete
  5. College kids? looks like a nice change of pace. And what looks like a spooky mystery on top of that? I'm in. Nice choice :-)

    visit my Wow at: http://yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one's new for me. (: BUT OH MY WHAT A PRETTY COVER!
    Plus, as someone said before me: looking forward to see some college material. ^^

    Aleksandra and her WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a great pick.

    http://tributebooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/04/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This does sound interesting!
    Thanks for sharing,
    Dani
    http://paulettespapers.com/?p=1957

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds very intriguing. I haven't heard of it before! I'm definitely going to be checking it out. Great pick! =)

    -Aneeqah @ My Not So Real Life

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Block's books too and really want to read this one as well!

    Our WoW is at Book Sake. –Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs