1. I failed my English final my senior year of high school.
2. I started the series Shade by Jeri Smith-Ready, didn't absolutely love it, gave away my copy and didn't consider finishing the series. Then everyone started raving about Shift and I had to give it chance - FREAKING LOVED IT and now I am TEAM KILT forever! (I'm more embarrassed to admit this than #1)
3. I've called in late to work just so I could finish a book that I didn't want to stop reading.
4. I spend a lot of time reading blog posts without commenting.
5. The first time I read Moby Dick was in college and I was so clueless that I didn't pick up on all of the sexual references in Melville's writing. We had to write discussion questions and mine were always (unknowingly) about the sexual references.
6.I don't read many book reviews of books that I haven't read but plan to. I'm afraid that there will be the slightest bit of information that will be revealed that might be a spoiler - whether big or small. I'll usually read the first 2 or 3 sentences and look at the star/number rating. I always intend on returning to these reviews once I've read the book to further the discussion but that doesn't always happen.
7. I have a book on my shelf that I friend loaned to me over 12 years ago and I haven't even opened it.
8. Before meeting David Levithan at a book signing (not his), I had to down a glass of wine before I was brave enough to go say hello.
9. I will watch Eclipse any time it is on HBO/Cinemax/Showtime just so I can watch Taylor/Jacob say, "Hold up. What damn army?"
10. I don't like my nook all that much.