Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Boys Like You


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:






Boys Like You
by Juliana Stone
Published by Sourcebooks
Expected Publication Date: May 1, 2014
Add to Goodreads












Sixteen-year-old Monroe Blackwell is sent from New York to spend the summer at her grandmother’s in the sleepy town of Twin Oaks, Louisiana. She’s trying to find her way back to where she was before–back to before Malcolm. Back to before her world fell apart.

At seventeen, Nathan Everets has learned that one mistake can change everything. Two months ago, he was on top of the world, and now he’s spending the summer working for his uncle–a court-appointed job, while his best friend is struggling to live. And all of that is his fault. Nathan is the reason his best friend, Trevor, is in a coma.

As these two teens are thrown together, they each slowly begin to heal–they fall in love–and for both Monroe and Nathan, getting back to good, means facing their past and hopefully, finding their future.



Why I'm Waiting
  • My friend Shannon from Stalking the Bookshelves added this to her to be read list, we like a lot of the same books and it sounded good so I added it to mine.
  • I'm a sucker for a will they?/won't they? love story
  • it is set in the south - Louisiana
  • the main character is spending the summer with her grandmother - I hope there is a focus on this generational relationship
  • Juliana is a new-to-me author




4 comments:

  1. I haven't read anything by Juliana Stone either but we'll see if this is going to be my first. ;p Great pick!

    Chel @ The Procrastinator's Corner

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is her ya debut, but she has some paranormal books too. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. It does sound like a great read. I might check this one out. Thanks for sharing!

    My Wow @ So Bookalicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! I love contemporary reads. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs