Saturday, January 18, 2014

Review: The One Left Behind by Lena Nicole






The One Left Behind
by Lena Nicole
Publication Date: October 19, 2013
Pages: 497
Source: Purchased from Amazon
Add to Goodreads
Purchase: Amazon  B&N










from Goodreads

Colin and Addison are on their way home when they are caught in a vicious car accident. While Colin walks away with minimal injuries, Addison suffers from a traumatic brain injury causing her to lose her short-term memory. She can’t remember the night of the accident. She doesn’t remember being engaged. She doesn’t remember Colin at all.

While Addison rebuilds her life, Colin struggles with the fact that the love of his life doesn’t remember him.
When Addison meets Pierce, the one person who doesn’t have an ulterior motive, the one person she can talk to openly, Colin thinks his life may be over.

Will Addison’s memory return in time for her to save her relationship with Colin? Or is it gone forever, leaving her free to love Pierce?


My Thoughts

I first learned of The One Left Behind when a friend recommended it to me. I started to read it right after I purchased it, but after I reading a few chapters I knew I wasn't ready to have my heart ripped out of my chest just yet, (sometimes you have to prepare yourself for stories like that) so I held off. When this blog tour came along, I was ready to finish it. I'd just finished a few light-hearted books and was ready to tackle the heavy. And it was just that.

The One Left Behind was told in dual perspectives which I enjoyed a lot. And while is told in dual perspectives, and the synopsis led me to believe that it would be more of Colin's story about what happened, I read it as though it was more of Addison's story. As she was creating a new life for herself, I got to see all of the new experiences she was having as she tried to move on with her life after her tragic accident.

My heart broke for Colin as he began to realize that his life was changed forever because of Addison's memory loss. His memories of their life together and the love that they shared, followed by his downward spiral is difficult to read because you begin to realize that he really was losing the love of life. This isn't something that I even want to imagine experiencing. I rooted for him as he tried to make sense of it all.

As I read, I continued to wonder when was Addison going to get her memories back or even if she would ever get her memory back. Would it come back in glimpses, would they seem like echoes? What was going to be the trigger? No spoilers here, but it was a doozy that's for sure, and it will leave readers thinking, "Did that just happen?" Oh yes and did! And you have to read the next book to learn what happened next. Most times I would be put off when I story ends with a cliff-hanger, but I knew beforehand (thanks to the same friend who recommended the book), so I didn't mind so much. Plus, it just builds the suspense for the next book.

Even through the heartache and heartbreak, I enjoyed reading The One Left Behind and look forward to reading what will happen next for Colin and Addison.




Disclaimer:  I purchased this e-book for my personal library prior to signing up for The One Left Behind Blog Tour. I was not compensated in any way for providing a review. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs