Monday, April 7, 2014

Finding My Way by Heidi McLaughlin: Excerpt Blitz


Finding My Way
The Beaumont Series, #4

by Heidi McLaughlin

Publication Date: April 14, 2014
New Adult Contemporary Romance
Add to Goodreads

 


About Finding My Way

Liam Westbury has the world at his feet. He’s the quintessential golden boy. He’s the superstar quarterback for Beaumont High. His girl, Josie, is head cheerleader. He has his choice of colleges just waiting for him. Except he’s suffocating from all the pressure he’s under and no one understands.

Liam Page is the heartthrob he never wanted to be. He’s successful, smart and in demand by record companies and his adoring fans. Music is his passion, his love, but something’s missing. His nights are lonely and he longs for the girl he left behind. Seeing her in every face in the crowd haunts him with the knowledge that she hates him. Going home has never been an option until now.

Be there when Liam Westbury becomes Liam Page and follow the highs and lows of the Quarterback turned Rockstar as he finds a way back to Beaumont in this prequel to Forever My Girl.


Excerpt

“Liam?”
I turn at the sound of my grandmother calling my name. She beams at me when I step toward her with an out stretched hand.
“I want to you meet a friend of mine,” she says. “Liam this is Tess and her son Harrison James. Tess is the personal assistant to my casting agent.” We spent a day going over all the jobs in the industry. There are so many that I got lost and like a true grandma, she made a list for me so I wouldn’t forget. “Harrison plays the drums at a club called Metro. They have open mic nights if you’re interested in talking to him about it,” she whispers. I nod, acknowledging what she’s telling me.
I step forward and shake both their hands. “It’s nice to meet you both,” I say.
“You too, Liam, your grandmother has told me so much about you. She’s very happy you’ve decided to stay with her.” I look at my grandma who is smiling from ear to ear.
She pats my arm. “Why don’t you take Harrison out back and show him around?”
“Okay, grandma.” I kiss her on the cheek and signal toward the patio door. Harrison follows, stepping out into the early evening sun. I walk until I’m at the back, where there is a table set up.
“Sorry about my grandmother in there. I think she’s trying to make up for all the years we’ve missed.” I sit down and lean my chair up against the tree.
“It’s okay. I was pretty much forced to come here tonight.” I inspect Harrison. He’s a bit taller than I am and far skinnier. He has a few tattoos on his arms, making wonder if they’re a necessity in the music industry. I quickly look down at my arms, curious as to what they’d look like with inked etched on them. One thing is for certain, my parents would flip and that thought alone makes me want one.
“Because of me?” I ask already knowing the answer but needing the confirmation.
He nods. “Yeah,” he says without making eye contact. “My mom is close to your grandmother so they plotted and here I am.”
“I’m sorry. If you want to leave, I can make up some excuse.” I know what it feels like to be put in awkward situations. My dad has done it to me many times, which only spurred me to withdraw from him more and more.
Harrison shakes his head slightly. “I’m cool.” He looks down at the ground or his feet. It’s not like I want to stare, but I’m trying to figure him out. He runs his hand over his beanie, moving it back and forth before leaving it where it originally was.
   
I love finding out how Liam and Harrison first met. And Harrison with his signature beanie.  This is such a tease for the rest of the book. Thank goodness we only have to wait one more week to find out how Liam Westbury becomes Liam Page.

PRE-ORDER FINDING MY WAY 
(Beaumont Series #4)
 
PREVIOUS BOOKS IN THE SERIES

FOREVER MY GIRL (The Beaumont Series #1)
  AmazonB&NKobo / iBooks

MY EVERYTHING  (The Beaumont Series, #1.5) 

MY UNEXPECTED FOREVER (The Beaumont Series, #2)  

FINDING MY FOREVER  (The Beaumont Series, #3)



 Follow Heidi McLaughlin
 

About Heidi: 
Heidi is the author of USA Today, Kobo, Digital Book World, Amazon and Barnes & Noble Bestselling series, The Beaumont Series.
Originally from the Pacific Northwest, she now lives in picturesque Vermont, with her husband and two daughters. Also renting space in their home is an over-hyper Beagle/Jack Russell and two Parakeets.
During the day Heidi is behind a desk talking about Land Use. At night, she's writing one of the many stories planned for release or sitting courtside during either daughter's basketball games.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs