Friday, August 1, 2014

Review: Twist Of Fate by Jaime Whitley






Twist Of Fate
by Jaime Whitley
Publication Date: July 16, 2014
Pages:187
Source: Enticing Journey Book Promotions
Purchase Amazon 









from Goodreads

Lilly Hughes hates traveling, but her job requires it. Learning her flight gets grounded leaves her stranded with no place to go.

Silas Harper is on his final stretch of R&R and just wants to get to his destination when fate intervenes putting him in the company of Lilly.

Intending never to see each other again they settle for one night of heat and passion. Denying their undeniable connection they part ways as agreed, but will they stay parted forever? Or will a twist of fate bring them back together?


My Thoughts

Jaime Whitley and I met through our love of reading and our friendship developed from there. I'm pleased to participate in the blog tour for her solo debut novel Twist Of Fate and celebrate with her. I'd read Jaime's co-authored novels The One Left Behind and Shattered Lives Mended Hearts (written as Lena Nicole) and looked forward to what she was going to write on her own. It was easy to recognize her style as she likes to tell a story.

What I liked most about Twist Of Fate was Lilly's devotion to her son. It was a very apparent that he was the most important person in her life and his well-being was her first priority. I liked reading the interactions between the two of them. It was very heartwarming. 

I loved that the main character was an author. It was fun to read the bookish parts of her and talking about having signings and meeting her fans. As a reader and blogger, it was easy to imagine being that star-struck fan meeting an author whose books you love. The early book-signing scene was one of my favorites. 

After finishing the book, I'm still not sure what I think about Silas. He had me both hot and cold for him, but given his situation I don't know how I would have handled everything that he was going through. (Vague, I know. No spoilers here) Ultimately I wanted to like him because of his attempts to do the right thing. Oh and I liked looking at the hot model on the book's cover because it made it easy to vision him as Silas.

What I wanted more from Twist Of Fate was some more character development. I wanted to know more about Lilly and Silas and who they were as individuals. A lot of their thoughts helped moved the story along,  but I wanted to know more about them (which would have connected me emotionally to the characters) and not just what they were going through.

I enjoyed reading Twist Of Fate and am excited for Jaime and her solo debut novel. I look forward to reading what she writes next.


Disclosure: I received this e-ARC from Enticing Journey Book Promotions in exchange for my honest review.  I was not compensated in any way other than the e-ARC provided. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely need to pick this up! It seems like it would be a really quick, fun read! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs