Friday, February 27, 2015

Love My Indie Bookstore with Author Liza Wiemer


Love My Indie is a feature where fellow bloggers, readers, and authors share their favorite independent bookstores. I love the feeling I get when I go into an independent bookstore - like it is filled with hidden treasures just waiting for me to find them.

Showing some Indie Love today is one of my favorite people that I've met in the bookish world, Liza Wiemer of WhoRuBlog. Liza's debut 
YA novel, HELLO? will be published in 2015 by Spencer Hill Contemporary


Welcome Liza!!!


I have two favorite indie bookstores in Milwaukee, WI. The first is Boswell Book Company, and it's attached to a Starbucks. A perfect combination. Boswell's owner, Daniel Goldin, works with publishers to bring some of the best YA authors to Milwaukee and often arranges for them to go to local schools. Boswell Book Company is located on Milwaukee's East Side. For more information check out their website.




Buy a book, and then get your cup of coffee at Starbucks! These double doors separate Boswell's and Starbucks. Both spaces have plenty of places to sit, read, and sip.

This is where you can find me hanging out. The YA section.

Boswell's also is the place where many of us local YA bloggers/authors/librarians/teachers meet.





The Renaissance Books is located at Milwaukee's General Mitchell International Airport. It has used and new books and you never know what you'll discover there. Whenever I need to go pick someone up at the airport, I go early to spend a few extra minutes browsing and often buying. But I have also been known to take a trip to the airport just to go to this bookstore. It's a great place to find a bookish treasure. For more information, check out Wikipedia.



Liza, these bookstores sound great. Like you, I can be found in the YA section of my local bookstore. Thanks for participating in the Love My Indie Bookstore feature. I hope that one of these stores hosts you once your novel HELLO? is released! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs