Saturday, September 3, 2011

Bout of Books Read-a-thon Recap

I had a great time participating in the Bout of Books Read-a-thon which was hosted by Amanda at On a Book Bender. I got connected with some new bloggers and hopefully made some new blogging friends. I started off with a bang, reading a book a day and then I went 2 days without reading at all. Then I stayed up almost the whole not finishing a book that I just couldn't put down. Part of another day was missed traveling for vacation to a town without power. You would think that I read a lot without much else to do without electricity, but you'd be wrong. And reading by candlelight made me really sleepy.

Here were my intentions:
  • Finish reading Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
  • Read at least one review book
  • Read at least one e-book (sometimes I forget I have them)
  • Finish the last 60 pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone (it will happen)
  • Host a Challenge and Giveaway on Thursday (hint: get your camera ready) 
This is what I accomplished:
  • Read Shift by Jeri Smith-Ready
  • Read Real Live Boyfriends by e. lockhart
  • Read The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney (e-book)
  • Read 2 essays from Flirtin' with the Monster
  • Read 1/2 of Friend is Not a Verb by Daniel Ehrenhaft
I didn't finish Harry Potter and a I didn't read a book that I received for review, but I may review at least on of the books I read.

Oh and I hosted the Pick It Up, the Pile It Up Challenge and learned that I'm not the only book hoarder around. Yes, there is some comfort in that, but it made me realize that I have more books than I ever thought.

Thanks Amanda for organizing the read-a-thon! I hope there is another one in the future.


2 comments:

  1. Glad you joined us!

    And another one is being planned currently. lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a great job. Look forward to seeing you in the next one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs