Sunday, September 18, 2011

In My Mailbox (49)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme run by Kristi at The Story Siren which explores the books that have been delivered to our mailbox or doorstep or directly into our hot little hands.



Purchased:
Perfect by Ellen Hopkins
You Against Me by Jenny Downham

Gifted:
Break by Hannah Moskowitz
RAK from Jen! Thank you!!


Review:
Scarred Lions by Fanie Viljoen
Thrill Seekers by Edwina Shaw
Huge thank you to Ransom Publishing!

Thanks so much to Jen for the Random Act of Kindness! Jen and I met on Twitter through the recent Bout of Books Read-a-thon. I started following a lot of new people and blogs which was great. Amanda another read-a-thon in the works at On a Book Bender. Anyone who is interested should visit her blog and then sign-up on October 6th. I think I will save Perfect to read until then.

I also received Scarred Lions and Thrill Seekers from Ransom Publishing. These titles are from their Cutting Edge series - quick reads for reluctant readers. The stories sound incredible and I plan to feature them in the upcoming weeks on my blog. These titles are from the UK, so they may not be readily available to my US readers.

Now that I've shared my books for the week, I'll be stopping by other blogs to see what everyone else got.

9 comments:

  1. I've never read anything by Ellen Hopkins though I've heard really good things about her! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice mailbox! Looks like some good books in there! Enjoy! :]

    Nora, The Bookery

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books this week! I loved Impulse and can't wait for my copy of Perfect! And I've been so intranced by the premise of You Against Me and can't wait to read that one either. Hope you enjoy!!

    Happy reading :)

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect and You Against Me both sounds super great. Awesome haul! Happy reading :)

    Sophia
    My IMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome books! I love Hanna Moskowitz. Everythig by her.

    Thanks for stopping by mine! Happy reading. :)

    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the readathon plug. lol. And I'm glad you met some awesome people. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to Amanda's next read-a-thon. I knocked off five books on my TBR pile. You are so welcome! I love RAKing people :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You Against Me was good! I just ordered Impulse, and that's the first book I will read in verse. I guess Perfect is a companion to it, right? That's what I read if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jessica - you should definitely give any book my Ellen Hopkins a shot. Impulse is my favorite so far.

    NoraBell and Sophia - thanks for stopping by. It's always great to have visitors!

    Khadija - yes, Impulse is my favorite book by Hopkins. All of them are great and definitely worth a reread.

    Amanda - Yes, Hannah's books are great. I've already read a galley of her newest Gone, Gone, Gone and it is incredible. I can pretty say that I will read anything she writes! Love her!

    mfay2 - glad to hear You Against Me is good. Before I Die was incredible. I have high hopes for this one.

    Jen (Rain Maiden) - thank you again. This makes me so happy.

    Amanda (OaBB) - Told you, I got your back girl!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs