Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - Books I Want to Reread

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists. I am too so that is why I am participating this week.

Top Ten Books I Want to Reread
I don't reread very often, but it is known to happen. When I do pick up a book to reread, these will be at the top of the list.














1. Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist by David Levithan and Rachel Cohn
I loved this book - a combination of music and New York City and fun times. I know it's not the same, but I have this movie on my i-Pod and I watch it over and over again.Now I think it's about time that I reread the book.














2. Not That Kind of Girl by Siobhan Vivian
Another great one. This was one of my favorite books of 2010. Natalie, Spencer and Connor. Oh, Connor














3. Freefall by Mindi Scott
I absolutely loved this book. The story helped me sort out some events that happened in my life and for that reason it will always be important to me. I loved the characters - Seth and Rosetta - one of my all-time favorites.















4. Leftovers by Laura Wiess
I'm embarrassed to say that I can't remember what happened in this one. I'm pretty sure I read this one during a week when I was like 4 or 5 books and it got lost in the mix.
















5. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta
The first part of this book had me so confused with flashbacks and dream-like sequences (I think) and I had no idea what was going on. It was only when I was about a third of the way in that I was really drawn to the characters and the story. Now that I know what happens and what they flashbacks really were, I want to allow myself to be absorbed by the story.














6. As Simple as Snow by Gregory Galloway
This is another book that I read too quickly. I borrowed it from my husband's cousin and read it in a day. While it is a mystery that remains unsolved, it is filled with clues throughout and I want to see if there is something that I didn't pick up on. I was so intrigued by it that I even bought my own copy so I would have it to read, but I've loaned that out to a friend - I just realized that.















7. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle
This book was so much fun to read because of the many laugh-out-loud moments. It might just be an annual holiday read. (This and Dash and Lily's Book of Dares)















8. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
I've claimed time and time again that She's Come Undone is one of my favorite books. I own multiple copies just so I have one on hand to loan to friends. I've only read it twice and the last time was over 10 years ago.  I know that it meant a lot to me when I first read it but I'm curious if I would still call it one of my favorite books today.


















9. Crank by Ellen Hopkins
Last month, I took my mom to an event where Ellen Hopkins was speaking and she was genuinely interested in what Ellen had to say. It made me so happy to share that experience with her because she isn't much of a reader and I never really thought she understood why I love to read so much and why it is a big part of my life. After going to the event, I think she began to understand my enthusiasm and now she wants to read Crank and Ellen's others books. I want to reread this now because it is something we can share and talk about.














10. The DUFF by Kody Keplinger
Another one that I read too fast. It was one of the first e-books that I read and it was awkward for me to read it on my nook that I was a bit distracted from the story. That is so lame, but true. I think it deserves another chance and my full attention.

5 comments:

  1. I have not read a single one of these books on your list. Funny thing is I have 5 of them on my shelf. I started reading the duff, but I think I had other things going on and at the time it didn't do much to catch my attention so I sat it down and never picked it up again. I need to give it another shot. I'm actually reading Identical by Ellen Hopkins now, and omg if her other books are like this I'm gonna have to move them up on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have never read Nick and Nora's Playlist but would like to read for the first time as I have heard great things about it. The fact that it made your reread list tells me I have missed a really good book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked The Duff, and I liked Kody Keplinger's latest book, Shut Out, even more. I hope that you enjoy The Duff when / if you get around to giving it another shot. I keep hearing much praise for Ellen Hopkins. I will need to check her stuff out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not That Kind of Girl and The Duff are both awesome choices! I forgot to add those to mine :) I loved The Duff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never read any of those books...smacks head! I did see Nick and Norahs movie. The bubble gum scene still grosses me out and makes me laugh at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs