Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Sequels I Am Dying to Read

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This meme was created because they are particularly fond of lists. I am too so that is why I am participating this week.

The Top Ten Sequels I am Dying to Read

While all of these are not sequels, they may be part of a trilogy or a companion novel. I even have some of them already, but I'm saving them. For what? I'm not too sure.














1. Dust and Decay by Jonathan Maberry - this is one of my most anticipated books of 2011! I loved Rot and Ruin so much and I want to know what happens to The Lost Girl. Oh and yes, I STILL want my own zombie card!














2. Perfect by Ellen Hopkins - companion novel to Impulse - Hopkins is one of my favorite authors and Impulse is my favorite book written by her, so its only natural that I am craving to read the companion novel Perfect which comes out next week.

3. Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready - I wasn't even going to read this series, but with all of the twitter chatter from Ginger at GReads! and Jen at Makeshift Bookmark saying how much they loved it, I just to read it. SO GLAD I DID!














4. Where She Went by Gayle Forman - I loved If I Stay and want to know what happens to Mia and Adam. Yes, this is one on my bookshelf that I am "saving".














5. Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles -  The Fuentes brothers are hot! Oh to be 16 again! After I finished Perfect Chemistry, this book immediately went on my wish list.  I waited for the paperback release (so all of my binding would match) and I just received it in the mail on Saturday, so I will be reading it very soon!













6. Cupcake by Rachel Cohn (book 3 of Cyd Charisse series) This book has been out for a while and it is sitting on my bookshelf right now. I just haven't read it yet because I don't want the story to end. I fell in love the characters and their story and I've convinced myself that by not reading it, their story won't end. This might not make a lot of sense to anyone else, but it does to me.


7. Arise by Tara Hudson (book 2) - so I'm starting to like books about ghosts. What's up with that?

8. Smoke by Ellen Hopkins - seriously this book doesn't even come out for 2 years, and who knows if it Hopkins had even finished writing it. But she spoke about a companion novel to Burned and so I will be waiting for it (for quite a while)















9. Underdog by Markus Zusak - I read Fighting Ruben Wolfe (book 2) and Getting the Girl (book 3), but I was unaware that there was a book 1 until I found out that these books were being re-released in a bind-up. So now I want to read how the story of the Wolfe brothers began.

And I can't believe I'm admitting this:













 10. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer - ok hold up,wait a minute, I am not seriously dying to re-read this one, but I think I may want to read it again. The last time I read this was back in 2008, while traveling and the day before I was starting a new job. I rushed through it like the wind because I had to finish it quickly before I came across any spoilers online. After reading it and thinking about it, I probably shouldn't have been so hasty because I just didn't love it. At all. It made me a bit mad, but I thought that I knew where Meyer was coming from and just accepted it. Probably just a bit too easily. So I want to re-read this - maybe not all at once (but before the movie comes out), to see if my opinion has changed.

18 comments:

  1. Shine! I can't believe I left this off my list, I am super fangirly for this series! You have to read Where She Went, it was one of the best books I've ever read, even better than If I stay! Great list :0)

    Sarah @ The Book Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have to get to Where She Went! With tissues! And also Rules of Attraction! Where She Went became my favorite book. I was crying so hard, like when you feel this pain inside you and you cry and cry and it doesn't go away? I felt they were real and that's the beauty of it. I finished the book and close it and keep crying;sobbing.




    - Mary [Anxirium]

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to read Dust & Decay too. I didn't love Rot & Ruin unconditionally but it was definitely interesting enough to me to want to keep going with it! I would love to know more about The Lost Girl too. Where She Went is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know that Ellean Hopkins had a new book coming out. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I am not the only one who believes that when she does not read the last book of a series the series won't end. I find it really hard to say goodbye to loved characters so I have some books on my shelves that I did not read because it would be the last book in a bleoved series.
    I can totally undstand you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not read Rot and Ruin, but have seen Dust and Decay on several lists, which tells me I need to read this series. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe we had no books in common on this list! Crazy...clearly I need to take some of your recommendations and get reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where She Went is so, so good. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rules of Attraction wasn't as good as Perfect Chemistry, but I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to read Chain Reaction!

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  10. A Cyd Charisse series? Gotta check that one out!

    Hopping By...Here's my Answer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I Stay & Perfect Chemistry are in my large short TBR pile. Great List.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have read "Cupcake" and I to fell in love with their story, but trust me when you start to read cupcake you won't be sorry you did I truly liked the book.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heh, I have to admit that I probably liked Breaking Dawn least.. it was okay up until the REALLY unbelievable part of the story.. lol..

    Here's my Top 10 Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You should buy the bind-up and reread all three Wolfe bros books back-to-back. I did it! And I read When Dogs Cry, the aussie version of Getting the Girl. Different book so it wss in need of a new title when the American publisher requested changes. You may have read my review. If not, please stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  15. And I can't wait until October! Rot & Ruin is on my reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hopping through, this is the first time I'm joining this meme. Some fantastic books in your list.

    Here's my Top Ten List 

    ReplyDelete
  17. Um why are you saving Where She Went??!!! READ IT NOW, WOMAN! It's so, so good!!!! One of my fave contemps this year :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. RULES OF ATTRACTION WAS MY FAVORITE OF THE THREE.

    okay now that i have that out of my system.

    Seriously, I loved Rules of Attraction. PLEASE go read this book.

    Sash and Em

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs