1. I'm looking for bloggers, authors, and readers who are interested in writing a guest post about their favorite independent bookstores. I'd like to breathe some new life into my Love My Indie feature. Last year, I had many wonderful guests posts from authors and bloggers, but this year I haven't been as diligent about requesting guest posts. I'd love to revive this feature on my blog. If anyone is interested in sharing why you love your independent bookstore, please fill out THIS FORM. Please and Thank you!!
2. I finally got to meet Heather from Buried in Books. We have been trying to make plans to meet up since last summer, but for one reason or another it didn't happen. We'd corresponded by email or on twitter, but never on the phone and when I called her, it was like we friends already. I guess because of the blogging community we already were. A family member who overheard our conversation said that she thought I was catching up with a long-time friend. It kind of felt that way. We are meeting up again tomorrow to explore some bookstores. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun.
3. I've started reading Kirsten Hubbard's Wanderlove. I'm only 50 pages in but I'm ready to grab my backpack and travel. It has ignited this adventurous spark that I want to pursue. I love being inspired to try new things from the books I read. A couple of summers ago, I tried wake boarding after reading Endless Summer by Jennifer Echols. The main characters in that book lived on the lake and went wake boarding almost every day. It sounded like a lot of fun so I gave it a shot. And that's about it. I never did get up on the board. I'll try again for sure, maybe by the end of this summer.
4. For 3 months I've been really good about keeping within my book budget. However, this month, I've blown it and since I'm going to some bookstores this weekend, I'm sure that it is only going to get worse. BUT I can say that in the previous months, I've stayed within my limits. I didn't go crazy and buy a book every time I had a coupon or some extra money or had any impulse buys. What made this month so different? I guess too many good books were released. I needed some new books for vacation (yeah, right) And I went to any multiple author event and didn't have any of their books so of course I just had to get a few. I don't think July and August will be any better, but the budget idea was good while it lasted.
5. This is what happens when your 8 year old niece decides where you are going for dinner.
|my husband and a lot of cotton candy|
The Friday Five is inspired by Sarah Dessen's blog posts The Friday Five, aka The Five. Her blog on LiveJournal was the first blog that I ever followed. You can can now visit her posts at sarahdessen.com.