by Kiara London
Publication Date: October 18, 2016
Published by Swoon Reads
Source: Irish Banana Tours | Netgalley
In Kiss Cam, teen author Kiara London asks, what's a little harmless kissing between friends?
Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny have been friends forever and co-own a vlog channel called WereVloggingHere. Their fans are huge "shippers" who believe that Juniper and Jasper are perfect for each other, and, despite warnings from friends and family, a simple Truth-or-Dare inspired kiss soon spirals out of control into a whole new world of making out and surprise kisses.
Juniper and Jasper's relationship begins to shift. But as fan requests for different "Kiss Cam" segments keep pouring in, Juniper puts her worries aside and convinces herself that it doesn't mean anything. After all, it's just kissing… right?
"What's a little harmless kissing between friends?" - that was the hook that made me want to read KISS CAM. They are just asking for trouble!
What I liked:
- The characters and their chemistry. Juniper, Jasper, and Lenny. It was easy to believe why "viewers" would want to see the various 'ships'.
- It was so funny. It's full of pranks and jokes and just sweet and innocent moments.
- The conversations between Juniper and her father. One of my favorite moments was when Juniper knew that talking to her friends about her relationship with Jasper wasn't going to help her situation. "I just want to talk to someone who isn't a teenager," - she needed to talk to her dad.
- LENNY! He has his own thing going on and while I was rooting for Juniper and Jasper, Lenny never seemed like he was the third wheel.
- The fun chapter titles. They grabbed my attention and I couldn't wait to see how they were worked into each chapter.
I wish that there was a real vlog called WereVloggingHere that I could watch. I'm sure I would tune in to it at least once a week to see what they would be up to.
KISS CAM is one of those books that I will pick up again when I want a lighter read - one that will make me laugh, swoon a little bit, and keep a smile on my face. I've enjoyed many books from the Swoon Reads imprint and KISS CAM is a sweet addition to their collection.
"After all, it just kissing . . . right?" Laughable! There's no such thing.
Disclaimer: I received this e-ARC for the blog tour hosted by Irish Banana Tours in exchange for my honest review. I was not compensated in any way other than the e-ARC provided. Thoughts and opinions are my own.