Thursday, February 19, 2015

Review: CLEAR - A Death Trippers Novel by Jessica Park





CLEAR: A Death Trippers Novel
by Jessica Park
Publication Date: February 17, 2015
Pages: 260
Source: Provided by author; Purchased copy
Purchase Amazon / B&N / Kobo / i-Books









from Goodreads

Stella Ford’s grasp on reality is already loose, and it’s about to come undone.

When the college junior flees Chicago and leaves her toxic family behind, she heads for coastal Maine to find the one person who brought her peace years ago: Sam Bishop. But the Sam she once knew now has painful secrets.

Stella is determined to heal them both. Healing, however, is a challenge when the walls of her everyday existence collapse. And when Sam’s best friend is his worst enemy.

When the line between life and death blurs.

When an end is just a beginning.

When lust and rage rule.

Yet during extraordinary chaos, there can be extraordinary love, even if that love comes with a twist.

Welcome to death tripping.

A thriller, a paranormal, and a passionate romance, CLEAR crosses genres and breaks boundaries.


My Thoughts

CLEAR: A Death Trippers Novel needs to come with a warning label because READERS, you'll need to hold on, you're about to go on a wild ride. From the very first pages, in fact the first few paragraphs, I was entranced by what would become one of the most exhilarating books I've ever read. 

CLEAR will give readers a rush of adrenaline. It's so sensual and erotic, and not just because of the sexytimes (which are awesome!). Park digs deep and delivers an emotionally complicated story. There are moments when I questioned, should I be having this kind of reaction to what is going on? And the only answer is a resounding YES!

At one point the book was so intense I had to put it down, take a breather and step away. I was scared of what was going to happen to the characters and for every moment that I wasn't reading, I couldn't stop thinking about them. 


Fans of Park's books will gladly embrace her unique style and demand more books like CLEAR. Readers who are just discovering her books for the first time will thank their lucky stars that they have more books to devour.

CLEAR is beyond remarkable. I loved it. I can't stop thinking about it. I want to yell at my friends to READ IT NOW. I plan to read it again and again. And I WILL!

Disclaimer:  I received an e-ARC from the author and I purchased a final copy for my personal library. I was not compensated in any way other than the e-ARC provided. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs