Monday, October 30, 2017

Mini-Reviews: Too Late, It Ends with Us, and Say You'll Stay

A collection of mini-reviews, quick thoughts, and books worth mentioning. Check them out!




TOO LATE by C. Hoover
Publication Date: November 13, 2016
Pages: 395
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4 of 5





My Thoughts

It seems silly to say that I'm afraid to read a book, but that is exactly how I felt before I read Too Late. From reading some reviews and some reader friends comments, I knew that there were some hateful ass, despicable, dangerous characters that were going to enrage me, and there definitely are. But that is also the draw of this book. Strange, but true. And there is a love story in there too. I just had to experience all of the fear and pain and heartbreak to get to it. I'm going to need a nice, sweet, and fun book to read next to recover from this.




IT ENDS WITH US by Colleen Hoover
Publication Date: August 2, 2016
Pages: 367
Source: Purchased
Rating: 5 of 5
Synopsis






My Thoughts
So good, like I knew it would be. And I cried, just like I expected I would and why I held off reading it for over 2 months. I wasn't ready for the emotions and this book made me feel many. I'm just glad that I don't have to worry about avoiding spoilers anymore.





SAY YOU'LL STAY by Corinne Michaels
Publication Date: June 20, 2016
Pages: 320
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4.5 of 5
Synopsis 






My Thoughts
I love a great small town story and second chances at love so when SAY YOU'LL STAY was selected by my book club, I was all for it. This book was on my wishlist and one that I would get to eventually, but it was nice to read with my friends. SAY YOU'LL STAY reminded me a little of the movie Sweet Home Alabama - which I love. And the mentions of Dawson's Creek and a shout out to Pacey was just a little bit of icing on top.

I'm not going to lie, I was overwhelmed with sadness in the first few chapters. Presley experiences the depths of sorrow and was in shock of the reality that was her life. 
But it wasn't all sadness. Presley works to find her way through it. I loved Wyatt and her close friendship with him. There was so much love between them. And he doesn't hold back. And Zach. And this favorite quote: "That's the thing about young love in  a small town -- it never dies." 
I'm excited to read the next book in this series! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs