Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Second Star by Alyssa Sheinmel


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:








Second Star
by Alyssa Sheinmel
Published by
Farrar, Straus and Giroux 

Expected Publication Date: May 13, 2014
Add to Goodreads









A twisty story about love, loss, and lies, this contemporary oceanside adventure is tinged with a touch of dark magic as it follows seventeen-year-old Wendy Darling on a search for her missing surfer brothers. Wendy’s journey leads her to a mysterious hidden cove inhabited by a tribe of young renegade surfers, most of them runaways like her brothers. Wendy is instantly drawn to the cove’s charismatic leader, Pete, but her search also points her toward Pete's nemesis, the drug-dealing Jas. Enigmatic, dangerous, and handsome, Jas pulls Wendy in even as she's falling hard for Pete. A radical reinvention of a classic, Second Star is an irresistible summer romance about two young men who have yet to grow up--and the troubled beauty trapped between them.

Why I'm Waiting
  • It's a classic reinvented/re-imagined 
  • It's set near the ocean, just in time for summer
  • Surfer boys
  • I've read 2 of Alyssa's books, The Lucky Kind and The Stone Girl, and really liked them and want to read more by her 
  • The cover is really pretty and I think it will look good on my shelf 















6 comments:

  1. Awesome pick! This one is on my list as well.

    My WOW: http://www.bookythoughtsandme.com/come-to-me-quietly/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love Alyssa's books. I don't see them on too many blogs, so it's great to know other readers have them on their lists.

      Delete
  2. Apparently this is a Peter Pan retelling! Who knew?! Someone else has this on their WOW and mentioned that. I never even made the connection but I know I can't wait to read this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't read too many retellings, but I'm finding more and more that I want to read.

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Oooooh! This one definitely sparks my interests! *Adds to TBR list*

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs