Thursday, March 20, 2014

New Release and Guest Post: Pulled Beneath by Marni Mann

Today I am celebrating the release of Marni Mann's new adult novel titled Pulled BeneathPulled Beneath was released on March 18th and you can get your copy on Amazon now.

Marni has stopped by the blog and I've asked her to share the books that made her fall in love with reading and writing. I'm always interested to learn what books influence authors to take this creative path. Please check out Pulled Beneath and read about Marni's love for the written word.



  Pulled Beneath by Marni Mann
Publication date: March 18, 2014
by Booktrope Editions
Genre: New Adult 
 
About Pulled Beneath:
What happens when you uncover years of secrets and find out everything you thought to be true was a lie?

Drew Stevens finds her world turned upside down when her parents are brutally murdered. Soon after, she learns she inherited a property in Bar Harbor, Maine, from recently deceased grandparents that she believed had died when she was a baby.

Drew travels north to settle her grandparents’ estate, but finds more questions than answers as the truth starts unraveling. What she didn’t expect to find was Saint, whose reputation is as tumultuous as his past. But the very thing that brings them together is the same thing that keeps them emotionally caged.

With Saint's scars so deep and Drew's so fresh, can the pair heal from their painful wounds or will they be pulled beneath the darkness of their pasts?

Welcome Marni!!!

My youngest memories include a book. I remember the crispness of the pages my fingers traced, the scent of the paper as it passed my nose, my parents voices as they acted out each character. As I aged, the method of storytelling changed, but my love for the written word didn’t.

The Baby-Sitters Club, the Choose Your Own Adventure series, and Judy Blume were just some
of the tales I plowed through in my early reading years. They built my foundation. They showed
me who I truly aspired to be and they initiated that creative spark that gnawed at me until I picked
up a pen. The ink didn’t have a flow quite yet as I was still in the beginning stages of learning my
tone and craft. But I found something that felt right.

John Steinbeck, William Shakespeare, Mark Twain, George Orwell, F. Scott Fitzgerald, and
Harper Lee each had a place in my life by high school. I devoured their stories. I was in awe of
their talent, their prose, their ability to yank the rawest emotion from me. But it wasn’t until I read The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton when my passion for reading and writing really overlapped. I was in a bathtub when my eyes landed on the first page. I remember the crackling of the bubbles, the scalding water burning my skin. My fingers gripped the binding high above the suds so the masterpiece wouldn’t get damp. Within the first few paragraphs, I was transported into Hinton’s
world and I didn’t reemerge until long after the water had cooled.

A dream was ignited in that bathtub.

I didn’t want to write a book report or a short story using one of the characters, even though I had
been assigned to do both. I wanted to create my own world. I wanted to pull someone in so deep
that they didn’t feel the freezing water around them, their skin shriveling, their eyes getting heavy
with sleep.

So I began to write. And I never stopped.


Find Marni Mann online:
Goodreads / Author Website / Blog / Facebook / Twitter 
 
About Marni Mann

A New Englander at heart, Marni Mann is now a Floridian inspired by the sandy beaches and hot pink sunsets of Sarasota. She taps mainstream appeal and shakes worldwide taboos, taking her readers on a dark and breathtaking journey.
When she’s not nose deep in her laptop, she’s scouring for chocolate, traveling, reading, or walking her four-legged children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs