Saturday, June 6, 2015

Review: 12 DAYS OF FOREVER by Heidi McLaughlin





12 Days of Forever
The Beaumont Series 4.5
by Heidi McLaughlin
Publication Date: February 1, 2014
Pages: 157
Source: Purchased
Purchase Amazon / B&N










from Goodreads

Even though she’s living her life-long dream and dancing on Broadway, the city is a lonely place for Yvie James. The holidays are both her favorite time of the year and the worst. A last minute decision puts Yvie in Beaumont to spend time with her family.

Alexander Knight is new to Beaumont, but he’s making the best of it. His dream of running a successful business is within his grasp, and Xander has a dedicated client base most trainers vie for. On the surface, Xander is happy, but he works long hours for nothing more than to avoid going home to an empty house.

Thrown together for Christmas shopping, holiday gatherings with friends and family, and a special anniversary party, Yvie and Xander find themselves seeking solace in each other for an unforgettable, romantic winter.


My Thoughts

There are few books that I read the same day that I acquire them, but I always read the Beaumont Series on publication day. I love the characters of this series and getting to read more about them is like visiting with old friends. I first read Yvie and Xander’s story, when it was part of a holiday anthology ALL I WANT and l was excited to know there was more to their story in 12 Days of Forever.


12 Days of Forever is a novella, just over 150 pages, but enough to satisfy my Beaumont fix until the next novel comes out. I got to see/read glimpses of what’s going on with the other characters which could become major plot points in future novels. I got to spend some time at Ralph’s and at the Westbury house with my favorite couples.


In previous novels in the series, I enjoyed parts that included Yvie and loved reading how she interacted with Harrison and the rest of the guys from 4225 West. She always fit right in and was always more that just the kid sister. Xander is the new guy in town, who is immediately immersed into the community by his working relationship with the band. Both are completely focused on their careers, but as their paths cross during the holidays, they begin to question is that enough? Do they want more and are they willing to take the chance to discover it they can find it in each other?


Over the Christmas holiday, Xander and Yvie see the love that surrounds them, and their attraction and need draws them together.  I liked reading the intimate moments and they were super steamy! Their time together is electric! Hot! Sizzling! Heidi McLaughlin knows how to write the sexytimes! Will there be more to them than just this physical connection? Only time, Heidi, and more Beaumont books will tell!


I really enjoyed this novella and I look forward to reading more about the people of Beaumont. I just love this series!

Disclaimer:  I purchased a copy of this title for my personal library and am providing my honest review.  I was not compensated in any way for providing this review. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs