Thursday, November 17, 2016

Review: MORE THAN FRIENDS by Monica Murphy






MORE THAN FRIENDS
by Monica Murphy
Publication Date: November 14, 2016
Published by EM Publishing
Pages: 320
Source: SocialButterflyPR
Purchase links: Amazon  | iBooks | Nook | Kobo








Synopsis

He's not perfect, but he's all I want...

I’m your average girl at your average high school, trying to figure out my place in life. After catching my now ex-boyfriend messing around with my now ex-best friend, I’ve made some big changes. No more band, no more backstabbing friends and no more boring old life. Now I have new friends, a new job and new interests.

But there’s a certain someone who’s interested in me, and I don’t get it. Jordan Tuttle could have anyone he wants. He’s the most popular boy in school. Rich, gorgeous, smart and the star quarterback, he’s perfect. Yet he acts like he wants no one else but…me.

So despite my fears and doubt, I let him get close. Probably too close. I discover that he’s not so perfect after all, but it doesn’t matter. I’m falling for him, even though he runs so hot and cold. I know someday he’s going to break my heart.

And I’m going to let him.
 

My Thoughts

I loved MORE THAN FRIENDS! Amanda was a favorite character in JUST FRIENDS and her relationship with Jordan “Tuttle” was a mystery that I wanted to know more about. When I found out MORE THAN FRIENDS was their story, I was super pumped.

MORE THAN FRIENDS isn’t as drama-filled as JUST FRIENDS was. It’s more about the uncertainty of giving your whole heart to someone and falling in love and fearing of having your heart broken and the fearing of breaking someone’s heart. Amanda and Jordan are so sweet together and I loved seeing them figure out what they want - experiencing firsts and deciding to experience firsts together.

I liked that there was more about Em and Livvy’s failed friendship and glimpses of Em’s regret. There is still a lot more of their story from JUST FRIENDS that needs to be resolved which I hope will be addressed in the next book.

A favorite scene: Amanda wearing Jordan’s jersey and snapping the photo for #CuddlewithTuttle (and the moments after!)

A favorite quote: "I'd give her every piece of me. All she has to do is say the word and I'm hers." 


MORE THAN FRIENDS was a great book to escape into. It’s a fun book to bring back those butterflies in your stomach feelings and think about first loves. It does end with a big, fat, in your face cliffhanger, but those don’t bother me. It just makes me look forward to the next book even more.



Disclaimer:  I received this e-ARC from SocialButterflyPR. I was not compensated in any way other than the e-ARC provided. Quotes were taken from the e-ARC and may differ from the final published version. Thoughts and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs