Saturday, December 31, 2016

Mini-Reviews: Throne of Glass, Love and Music (and Missing Ted Callahan), and Okay

A collection of mini-reviews, quick thoughts, and books worth mentioning. 

Check them out!


THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Mass
Publication Date: August 7, 2012
Pages: 404
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4 of 5
Date Read: 12/23/16





My Thoughts

I read Throne of Glass because so many readers love this book and the series and all things Sarah J. Maas, and I wanted to discover for myself what everyone else is talking about.

And I get it. The mystery, the history, the magic, the intrigue, and one bad-ass assassin. It's thrilling.

I listened to the audiobook and the narrator told the story perfectly with the right amount of depth and emotion- this definitely added to my enjoyment of the story.

I'm not in a rush to finish the series, but I would happily pick up the next book in the series some day. 



LOVE AND MUSIC (and Missing Ted Callahan) by Amy Spalding
Publication Date: June 14, 2016
Pages: 52
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4.5 of 5
Date Read: 12/31/16






My Thoughts

I loved getting this small glimpse of Riley's humor as her band prepares to play an out-of-state festival. I wish there was more to the story of Riley and the band, and Ted Callahan, of course. A fun, short read.



OKAY by Danielle Pearl
Publication Date: February 24, 2015
Pages: 322
Source: review copy
Rating: 4 of 5
Date Read: 12/31/16






My Thoughts

Rory and Sam have both been through a lot. So much more than any young couple should ever have to as they find their way to loving each other. After finishing NORMAL, my emotions ran high and I needed some time before starting OKAY and getting more of their story. 

I loved when Sam and Rory found their way to each other after spending too much time separated by efforts to protect the other. There was a lot of angst in OKAY, and I love some good angst! I'm glad to know more of Rory's story and see her growth and the support she received. It's important to her story.

A great read.

2 comments:

  1. What's interesting about the Throne of Glass series is that each book matures in complexity and character growth greatly. I just finished the fifth book and it is as wonderfully complex as LOTR, mimicking it in several ways. I loved it.
    Rebecca @ The Portsmouth Review
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I listened to Throne of Glass on audiobook (which is how I read a lot of my fantasy novels). I really did like the story, but my access to the next audiobook has a lot to do with when I will continue the series. My library doesn't have it (yet), but I'm looking forward to the day it does.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs