Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Review: PARADISE COVE by Jenny Holiday




PARADISE COVE

by Jenny Holiday

Publication Date: July 28, 2020

Published by Forever

Pages: 368

Source: Publisher | Netgalley

Add to Goodreads


Synopsis


From the USA Today bestselling "master of witty banter" (Entertainment Weekly) comes a hilarious and heartwarming romance about a big city girl who never expected to find the man of her dreams in the tiny town of Matchmaker Bay.

Dr. Nora Walsh has just been dumped in spectacular fashion, making it the perfect time for a major life change. She figures taking over the medical practice in tiny Matchmaker Bay for a couple of years will help her get over her broken heart, and then she can head back to the big city. But when the first man she sees looks like a superhero god, she wonders if maybe there's something to small-town living after all.

Jake Ramsey also has a broken heart -- one he never expects to heal. He doesn't need people anyway and is content hiding out in his secluded cottage on the beach. But after helping Nora with a medical emergency, he finds himself opening up to the witty, warmhearted doctor. Soon the local matchmakers are working overtime to pair them off, and Jake begins to wonder if his campaign to get Nora to stay is for the town or because he can't bear the thought of her leaving.


My Thoughts


There are books that come to me during times of my life exactly in the moment when I need them. Jenny Holiday's Paradise Cove is one of those books. I connected to the main character, Jake, on an emotional and human level and his experience in grief help to give me words for what I'm feeling and trying to recognize and acknowledge. I know that I will continue to turn to this book in those unsteady moments.

And I loved the friendship between Jake and Nora and how they could rely on each other for comfort - it was intuitive and came naturally. And I especially love it when the friendship turns to more and I get to experience that along with the characters.

Paradise Cove is full of real human moments of grief and pain, but it's also full of real human moments of love and humor and friendship.

I can easily say that Paradise Cove is one of my new favorite books. It helped me find solace in a moment that I desperately needed it and for that reason this book will always remain close to my heart.


Disclaimer:  I received this e-ARC from the publisher for review consideration.  I was not compensated in any way other than the e-ARC provided. Thoughts and opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs