Friday, May 21, 2021

Mini-Reviews: ECHOES BETWEEN US, MISTLETOE AND MR. RIGHT, BE STAIGHT WITH ME

 A collection of mini-reviews, quick thoughts, and books worth mentioning. Check them out!


ECHOES BETWEEN US by Katie McGarry
Publication Date: January 14, 2020
Pages: 384
Source: Netgalley| Purchased
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

One of my favorite things about Katie McGarry’s books is how she makes readers care about the characters whole-heartedly. It’s easy to get caught up in their lives, care about their struggles, and what happens to them. And this is what happened with Veronica and Sawyer in ECHOES BETWEEN US. They both are dealing with serious, heartbreaking things.


The ghost hunting, hauntings, and the urban legends made it eerie and thrilling. There is this one scene in a graveyard and the moments leading up to it that gave me some awesomely creepy chills.  


I want to know more about Glory. She definitely needs her story told. Fingers crossed, some day.


ECHOES BETWEEN US brought out all the emotions as the characters dealt with love and death, fear and grief. It is a love story and a story about friendship, family, and letting people be there for you when you need them the most. 


I loved it. Just like I knew I would.






MISTLETOE AND MR. RIGHT by Sarah Morganthaler
Publication Date: October 6, 2020
Pages: 400
Source: Netgalley | Purchased Copy
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

Traveling to Moose Springs in THE TOURIST ATTRACTION was a lot fun, so I was more than happy to revisit the town and everyone who lives there in MISTLETOE AND MR. RIGHT. 


I loved catching up with the townspeople of Moose Springs as they prepare for the holiday season and try to figure out how to protect their community from the influx of tourists and a mystery moose set on destruction.


I loved reading MISTLETOE AND MR. RIGHT for the laughs and for the romance and all of the unexpected moments of ridiculousness. While this book is set during Christmas, I don't consider it only a Christmas-time read and it can be read and enjoyed any time of the year. 


It was fun to visit Moose Springs and I can’t wait to go back.






BE STAIGHT WITH ME by Emily Dalton
Publication Date: May 19, 2020
Pages: 240
Source: Netgalley | Purchased
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

This memoir-in-verse shares the story of college life and all of the experiences of becoming who you are and who you're going to be. It's a story of love and of friendship and living those moments that seem ordinary, but really mean everything.

One thing that is striking about this book that comes across beautifully is the realization that sometimes you are in the midst of a love story that you didn't expect, but it's still real. It's love. And it matters.

BE STRAIGHT WITH ME had me all up in my feelings because it also tells the story of a friendship that's lost when the love is no longer shared.

Before I even finished reading the review copy of BE STRAIGHT WITH ME, I knew this was a book that I had to add to my personal library. It really touched my heart.

*******************************************************
Disclaimer: I requested e-ARCs of these titles from the publisher for review consideration. I was not compensated in any way other than the e-ARC provided. I've purchased finished copies of these three books for my personal library. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs