Monday, April 24, 2023

Reviews: FOLD IN THE CHEESE, HOW TO WIN AT THE CHALLENGE AND LIFE, and ODDBALL


 FOLD IN THE CHEESE: 
An Unofficial Guide to Splendiferous Entertaining for Fans of Schitt's Creek
By Parker Long

Publication Date: October 25, 2022
Pages: 144
Source: Netgalley | Library
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

Just like it says on the cover, FOLD IN THE CHEESE is definitely for fans of Schitt's Creek. This book was fun to read because it drew from specific events and scenes from Schitt's Creek - one of my all-time favorite shows. The book shares the hits and misses of being a hospitable host and preparing for events that people will remember.

I read this book while preparing for an annual work event and it was a great reminder that not every event is perfect - don't stress over making it perfect - most people don't notice the little mishaps. Just go with it and have fun.

I loved the various events featured like the housewarming party and the baby shower hosting how-to, but my favorite events focused on food and family especially the chapter BACKYARD BARBECUE. BEYOND THE GRILL provided the absolute best advice - Offering a Smattering of Sides. "The important thing is to have something for everyone and fully embrace the abundance of comfort food. You never know who'll need it." 

FOLD IN THE CHEESE cracked me up and made me want to watch all things David and Alexis.

And best of all, it features my personal favorite meatloaf recipe.




How to Win at The Challenge and Life: A Champion's Guide to Eliminating Obstacles, Winning Friends, and Making That Money
by Sydney Bucksbaum

Publication Date: October 25, 2022
Pages: 256
Source: Netgalley | Library
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

The book is definitely for fans of The Challenge and it's likely only for fans of The Challenge. I am a fan of the show,having watching the seasons a ridiculous number of times, and sadly I have to admit that this book left me wanting so much more. With the inclusion of "at Life" in the title, I expected more in depth acknowledgements and revelations.

I did like getting more details from the contestants of the earlier seasons like Cynthia and Landon.

I wanted more photos and behind the scenes details. I would have love to read a book about the other contestants attempts at the big win, but continued to fall short because there is honor in trying.

For readers who are interested in this book, check it out from the library. 



ODDBALL by Sarah Andersen

Publication Date: December 7, 2021
Pages: 105
Source: Netgalley | Library
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

ODDBALL is a fun, loveable, and relatable collection of comics about creators, artists, authors
living with pets, anxiety, friendships, and surviving ourselves.

Some of my favorite comics:

"Suddenly Finding a New Obsession"  
The accuracy of loving something or fixating on something that it becomes your whole personality

Another Good One:
"So I didn't do that thing."
"Neither did I"
"Failure Solidarity" with a big hug

The books ends with my favorite comic of the book. "One Year" 
Taking it and making it one baby step at a time.

Another great collection from Sarah Andersen.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs