Tuesday, June 20, 2023

Review: THE BOYFRIEND PROJECT by Farrah Rochon

 


THE BOYFRIEND PROJECT by Farrah Rochon
Publication Date: June 9, 2020
Publisher: Forever
Pages: 345
Source: Netgalley | Purchased

RATING
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Synopsis

If you love Jasmine Guillory, Abby Jimenez and Talia Hibbert, you'll LOVE Farrah Rochon!


What happens when three women discover , thanks to the live tweeting of a disastrous date, that they've all been duped by the same man? They become friends of course!


Samiah Brooks never thought she would be 'that' girl. But a live tweet of a horrific date just revealed the painful truth: she's been catfished by a three-timing jerk of a boyfriend. Suddenly Samiah - along with his two other 'girlfriends', London and Taylor - have gone viral online. Now the three new besties are making a pact to spend the next six months investing in themselves. No men, no dating, and no worrying about their relationship status...


For once Samiah is putting herself first, and that includes finally developing the app she's always dreamed of creating. Which is the exact moment she meets the deliciously sexy, honey-eyed Daniel Collins at work. What are the chances? When it comes to love, there's no such thing as a coincidence. But is Daniel really boyfriend material or is he maybe just a little too good to be true?

MY THOUGHTS

THE BOYFRIEND PROJECT had me completely hooked from the get-go. Starting off with a Twitter scandal leading to unwanted Twitter fame, Farrah Rochon brings the laughs with entertaining dialogue and interactions between Samiah and her sister and her new friends Taylor and London. I loved this book for the friendships just as much as for the romance.

Samiah is absolutely wonderful. She's an incredible friend; she's witty and intelligent. She knows her worth and doesn't take anyone's mess.  

What I Loved:

    • Women in STEM! 
    • The Just Friends App - it's a cool innovative idea and I would definitely sign up
    • The chemistry between Samiah and Daniel. And that hand massage! I mean how could they not catch feelings?

I enjoyed this book a lot - so much so that I included a copy in a pick-me-up care package for a friend. I hoped that it would bring her as much joy and entertainment for her as it did for me. 


Disclaimer: 
I requested this ARC from the publisher for review consideration. I was not compensated in any way other than the ARC provided. I've also purchased a finished copy for my physical library. Thoughts and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs