Here, I recap my week with connections to books I am reading, have read, want to read and other random musings.
1. Where do you purchase your books? I am currently taking a poll asking my readers where you purchase your books. I would appreciate your participation! Your answers will help me as I prepare to hold my First-Ever Giveaway. The poll will be up until October 15th and the giveaway will be announced a few days after that.
2. On Sunday I finished Mockingjay and loved it! But what I loved more was going back to all of my favorite blogs and reading the reviews and rants that I was missing out on. Some of my favorite commentary was at Forever Young Adult. I love them, I love them. I can't say it enough. I love them.
One issue that I had to get over when reading the series was the names of the characters: Cinna, Glitter, Cato, Haymitch. It was enough to keep me from reading the books when they first came out. I wondered can I really read a book with a main character named Katniss? The answer, yes, thank goodness, yes.
So what does this have to do with anything? Not much. But now that I am no longer on my Hunger Games/Mockingjay blog ban, I went back to Forever Young Adult and found my Hunger Games name You may now call me Chelleless P. Talkaloe
3. Currently Reading:We Were Here by Matt de la Pena
4. Soon to leave the shelf: Losing Faith by Denise Jaden
5. I've read a book this week. Yep, just one. So, I'm looking for another read-a-thon. Please post a comment or link if you are hosting a read-a-thon, participating in a read-a-thon or know of any read-a-thons coming up.
The Friday Five is inspired by Sarah Dessen's blog on LiveJournal. I've been following this blog the longest and love how she recaps her week with the Friday Five, now called The Five.