Saturday, March 12, 2011

About Me: Actin' Up

I wanted to talk a bit about my blog name Actin' Up with Books. How do you act up with books? Honestly, I'm not really sure. But what I do know is that I love to be silly. Have fun. And laugh. I get a little giddy. Let's just say I act up. I'm sassy and sarcastic and I don't always act my age. In these moments, I would tell you that I'm actin' up. Or I've been told on many occasions, by my husband, that I'm actin' up. (I drop the "g" because that's what we do in the south).

When starting this blog, I had no idea what I wanted to name it. I wanted it to be different but relate to books in some form. I did searches of other blogs because I didn't want it to get confused with other blogs, and I wanted it to be uniquely me. Finally, I had a major "duh" moment. Not to be confused with an "A-ha" moment.  Before blogging, I was on Twitter, mainly to stalk my favorite band, Maroon 5, but to follow some of my favorite authors too. My Twitter handle was @ActinUp. After a few weeks of deciding on a name, I literally said out loud, "Duh, I'll just add with books."

Here is just another example of me Actin' Up


This is me (left) and my friend Cathy on a trip at Disney in 2008. All week long I was talking about how huge the trunk of the rental car was and how before the trip was over I was going to get in it. Finally, the last night we were there, I did. And I convinced Cathy there was plenty of room for her to get in there with me. She likes to act up too!

Now that you know where my blog name comes from, I'd love to know about yours. Please leave a comment below.

2 comments:

  1. You are always acting up but you can be nice when you want to!! Somewhat Couture comes from me liking fancy stuff but also liking to eat at McD's and having the ability to kick people in the teeth when they need it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there are lots of ways to act up with books... as in, reading as an act of rebellion and resistance. Reading as a renegade-worthy activity. Reading as a way of living consciously, of resisting just being washed along with everybody else.

    That's a key message for readers, especially teens. Because we (including my inner teen) love to resist. And to misbehave.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs