Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday - Hunting Lila

Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:







Hunting Lila
by Sarah Alderson
Published by Simon and Schuster Children's Books
Published on August 4, 2011







17-year-old Lila has two secrets she's prepared to take to the grave. The first is that she can move things just by looking at them. The second is that she's been in love with her brother's best friend, Alex, since forever. Or thereabouts.After a mugging on the streets of South London goes horribly wrong and exposes her unique ability, Lila decides to run to the only people she can trust - her brother and Alex. They live in Southern California where they work for a secret organisation called The Unit, and Lila discovers that the two of them are hunting down the men who murdered her mother five years before. And that they've found them. Trying to uncover the truth of why her mother was killed, and the real remit of The Unit, Lila becomes a pawn in a dangerous game. Struggling to keep her secrets in a world where nothing and no one is quite as they seem, Lila quickly realises that she is not alone - there are others out there just like her - people with special powers -and her mother's killer is one of them... (from Goodreads)


While checking out my Google Reader this weekend I found this book at Heaven is a Bookstore and I think this book sounds incredible. A bit of action, adventure, mystery and a love story. I'm sold.

9 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty good. The summary kind of reminds me of HOURGLASS though if you've read that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much for adding Hunting Lila as your WOW! I really hope you like it. Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah nice one. I always love stories where teenagers have special abilities. Thanks for sharing!

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica - Thanks for stopping by I haven't read Hourglass yet but I hope to get it during the "Ash to Nash" Book Tour.

    Sarah - You are welcome! I hope to get it sooner than later!

    Selina - I'm starting to like them more and more. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, intriguing story twists. Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY WOW POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait for this one either it sounds like a great book ^-^

    http://blackfingernailedreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds great!

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds very awesome. Can't wait for this one already pre-ordered it.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/07/waiting-on-wednesday-28.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. my waiting on wednesday is for my camera so i can take a couple of book related pictures for you! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs