POET ANDERSON . . . Of Nightmares
by Tom DeLonge and Suzanne Young
Publication Date: October 6, 2015
Published by To the Stars
Source: Publisher / CBB Book Promotions
Poet Anderson . . . Of Nightmares is a different kind of read for me. My tastes are geared more toward realistic and romantic fiction, but it was the contrast to my normal reading preferences that made this book so appealing. I stepped out of my comfort zone and took a chance on this fantastical story and enjoyed it immensely.
Poet Anderson . . . Of Nightmares is filled with action and danger. It is imaginative and intense. It's thrilling and scary, and even I got some of the romance that I enjoy so much in the books I read!
What I liked:
- The descriptions of the dreamworld and the waking world - they were vivid and detailed that it was easy to visualize where everything was happening
- The backstory of how the brothers came to the Eden hotel - there is a purpose to all of it
- The idea that you are braver in your dreams - you're more bold and read to take chances
- Samantha Birnam-Wood (see above - read it and you'll know what I mean) - she is brave and headstrong. She is forced to keep up appearances because of her father, but she knows who she is and makes her own path. She does what she wants.
- The many lively characters - they all have strong personalities and while they may have small parts in the story, they are memorable.
- Jonas's love for his brother. Even with everything that Jonas learns about being a Poet and what happens to Alan he never gives up on him.
- The amazing, yet creepy book cover
I would have loved to listened to an audiobook of Poet Anderson . . . Of Nightmares. The story lends itself well to being narrated with the huge cast of characters. I'm excited to know that there are graphic novels associated with this story and can't wait to check those out too. The edition of Poet Anderson that I read came with an audio CD and poster adding to the multi-media experience. So awesome!
Poet Anderson . . . Of Nightmares is interesting and compelling. It's an experience to read - a real page-turner. I think this book would appeal to fans of Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs as well as fans of Cynthia Hand's Unearthly series. Highly recommended!!
Disclaimer: I received this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. I was not compensated in any way other than the book provided. Thoughts and opinions are my own.
For more information about the authors and a complete list of all of the tours stops,
go to the TOUR PAGE HERE.
Poet Anderson Complete Music and Book Gift Box
Prizing is provided by the publisher, hosts are not responsible. Must be 13 or older to enter and have parental permission if under 17. Void where prohibited by law. No purchase necessary to win.