Friday, April 29, 2011

Love My Indie with Author Sandra Brannan

Love My Indie is a feature where fellow bloggers, readers, and authors tell me about their favorite independent bookstores. I love the feeling I get when I go into an independent bookstore - like it is filled with hidden treasures just waiting for me to find them. Maybe one day I will have the chance to visit these amazing bookstores.

If you're interested in participating in this feature, please send me an email at actinupwb@gmail.com - I'd love to hear from you and discover your favorite indie bookstore! 
 

Showing some Indie Love today is:

Author Sandra Brannan


"As a debut author and just beginning my journey to visit the indies, I can already tell you choosing a favorite is painfully difficult!  Any Indie who is venturesome enough to invite a debut author into his or her store for a book event is tops in my book, since those are the ones I've met across the country so far.  Every one of them has been gracious, kind, and thoughtful, willing to open their doors, arms, and hearts to me and impart their knowledge of the industry.  Thank you for that!  Peggy Stout at Prairie Pages in Pierre, SD has been wonderful to this hometown girl. 

And what an experience Maggie and her team at I Love A Mystery in Mission, KS provided me!


Some of the best help I've received are from indies I haven't yet made it to, like Books Unlimited's Suzanne Harouff in Franklin, NC and Boswell Book Company's Maria Upichard in Milwaukee, WI, whose endorsement earned me the Indie Next List Notable for September 2010.   

So this South Dakotan is looking forward to skipping around the country in the years to come to meet all the wonderful indies, the respite for American readers these days!"



Sandra Brannan
Author of In The Belly Of Jonah, a Liv Bergen Mystery/Thriller
Lot's Return To Sodom, the second in the series, in stores 6/1/11
Visit Fanpage on Facebook or the official website at www.sandrabrannan.com !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs