Friday, May 27, 2011

Love My Indie with Author Karin Lefranc

Love My Indie is a feature where fellow bloggers, readers, and authors tell me about their favorite independent bookstores. I love the feeling I get when I go into an independent bookstore - like it is filled with hidden treasures just waiting for me to find them. Maybe one day I will have the chance to visit these amazing bookstores.

Showing some Indie Love today is:
 

  Karin Lefranc, author of A Quest for Good Manners

Millrace Bookshop in Farmington, Connecticut is a much-loved treasure nestled on the the banks of the Farmington River. The store was formerly the Grist Mill, built in 1680! Part of it was converted to the Millrace Bookshop in 1968 and just a few years later current owner Jan Owens took over.
 
Tantalizing titles from biographies and mysteries to lush coffee table books and children's books line the shelves of this historic building. Readers can dip into a juicy memoir while sitting in the big bay window overlooking the flowing river. 
 
Millrace Book has expanded to offer classes and workshops in writing. In addition Jan supports local authors in many ways like featuring us in a special section, organizing book readings and fun special events.

Karin Lefranc is the author of the children's book A Quest for Good Manners
http://www.aquestforgoodmanners.com/

Thanks Karin for stopping by. I loved learning about your favorite independent bookstore!

If you're interested in participating in this feature, please send me an email at actinupwb@gmail.com - I'd love to hear from you and discover your favorite indie bookstore!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs