Friday, February 8, 2013

Love My Indie with Author Rita Arens


Love My Indie is a feature where fellow bloggers, readers, and authors tell me about their favorite independent bookstores. I love the feeling I get when I go into an independent bookstore - like it is filled with hidden treasures just waiting for me to find them.

Showing some Indie Love today is:
 
Rita Arens
author of The Obvious Game 

THE OBVIOUS GAME is set in a fictional small town in Iowa, so I thought I'd share my favorite Iowa indie bookstore, Prairie Lights in Iowa City. I got my undergraduate degree at Iowa and liked to duck into Prairie Lights to smell the new books and step out of school stress for a few minutes -- even though at the time I couldn't afford to buy any books for fun.

Prairie Lights recently announced they are also getting into the publishing game in conjunction with the University of Iowa Press, which I think is just cool as hell. Way to adapt to the times, Prairie Lights! 
 
Rita sure does have great taste. Soon after receiving her guest post of her favorite independent bookstore, Prairie Lights was named one of America's Best Bookstores by Travel + Leisure Magazine.

Many thanks to Rita for sharing her favorite indie. Her young adult novel, The Obvious Game is available now. You should read my review here and then get a copy of your own.
 
 
 
 
 
Rita Arens is is the senior editor of BlogHer.com and the blogger behind Surrender, Dorothy. She edited the award-winning parenting anthology SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK (Chicago Review Press, 2008). THE OBVIOUS GAME is her first young adult novel. She is at work on her second. She lives with her husband and daughter in Kansas City.
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing my book! I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs