Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Jennifer Echols Week: My Favorite Jennifer Echols Book


In honor of the July 16th release of Jennifer Echols's Dirty Little Secret, Katelyn of Kate's Tales of Books and Bands wanted to share her love for all of her books and declared this week Jennifer Echols Week. Katelyn then asked other bloggers to join in to share the love and I immediately had to sign up. I think Jennifer Echols is an entertaining author with her mix of romantic comedies, romantic dramas, and now her adult contemporaries.

To kick off Jennifer Echols Week, I'm sharing my favorite Echols book: 

 Endless Summer


Add to Goodreads

This version includes both The Boys Next Door and Endless Summer. It is the first book by Echols that I read and it is still my all-time favorite and the one that I recommend the most. I think that I loved it so much because it brought back so many memories of spending the summer on the lake with my friends and it reminded me of what it felt like to be a teenager.   

It's a fun summer romance that made me all giddy and the hilarious hi jinx kept me in stitches. And the love triangle between Lori, Adam, and Sean kept the pages turning. I fell in love with Adam and in 2010 declared him one of my Top Ten Fictional Crushes.

In Endless Summer, the characters spend a lot of time wake boarding and after reading it, I decided I had to try it. The characters made it seem easy, but I discovered it is not. I attribute that to the fact that I was attempting to wake board in the bay and not a lake. I think that is another major reason why I like Endless Summer as much as I do - it convinced me to step out of my way too comfortable comfort zone and try something that I was scared to attempt. I might not have been successful, but I felt adventurous.

* * * * * * * * * *

Below is a list of all of the other participating blogs in Jennifer Echols Week. I'm excited to check them out and discover what they love so much about her stories and her characters and how they connected with her books.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE Endless Summer!! It's definitely my 2nd favorite Echols novel (Going Too Far is tops for me!). I just love Adam!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book makes me so freaking happy! Seriously, every time I think about it, a giant grin appears on my face. It was so sweet, funny, romantic, and absolutely everything I could possibly ask for in the perfect summer read. Thanks for participating in Jennifer Echols Week :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs