Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: SIGNS OF LIFE by Selene Castrovilla

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:


SIGNS OF LIFE
Rough Romance #2
by Selene Castrovilla
Publication Date March 29, 2016
Published by Last Syllable Books

The tables are turned with a vengeance in this tour de force love story. Nearly a year has gone by and now it’s Dorothy who is fragmented and lost, while Joey keeps the promise he had made her to better himself —even though she’s gone. Joey talks about what is happening in the present while Dorothy describes what happened before— in the moments and hours after the Glock dropped. This time the stakes are even higher, as Joey forces himself to move forward while Dorothy is frozen in place. But when he learns of a devastating decision, Joey races to find her before it is too late. Truth, consequence, repercussion and modern medicine collide as pieces converge in this psychological, thrilling story which begs the question: Can love really conquer all?

Why I'm Waiting

Well . . .  I'm not so much waiting to read this one (I was fortunate enough to get an early review copy), but I am waiting for everyone who has read Melt to read it so we can talk about it. Melt was one of my top recommendations when it was published in 2014. It was the topic of conversation of many of my book friends. I'm hoping that they continue to read Joey and Dorothy's story in Signs of Life. It is so worth the journey.

My initial thoughts:

Like with Melt, I am left in a daze after finishing Signs of Life. My heart is broken (but in a good way) and I experienced all the feelings. Some parts I had to fly through to discover what would happen - I couldn't read it fast enough. I'll definitely have to read it again to absorb it all. Excellent read! 

What are you waiting on this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs