Thursday, September 29, 2016

Taking Time to Reread: SLAMMED by Colleen Hoover


 

SLAMMED by Colleen Hoover
Publicaion Date: January 5, 2012
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Pages: 317

Synopsis

Following the unexpected death of her father, 18-year-old Layken is forced to be the rock for both her mother and younger brother. Outwardly, she appears resilient and tenacious, but inwardly, she's losing hope.

Enter Will Cooper: The attractive, 21-year-old new neighbor with an intriguing passion for slam poetry and a unique sense of humor. Within days of their introduction, Will and Layken form an intense emotional connection, leaving Layken with a renewed sense of hope.

Not long after an intense, heart-stopping first date, they are slammed to the core when a shocking revelation forces their new relationship to a sudden halt. Daily interactions become impossibly painful as they struggle to find a balance between the feelings that pull them together, and the secret that keeps them apart.

*****************************************

I first read SLAMMED in May of 2013. It is the second book that I read by Colleen Hoover. I wanted to read POINT OF RETREAT and started it a few times, but there were parts of SLAMMED that I forgot that I needed to remember so I planned to reread it, but didn't get a around to it for a couple of years. It wasn't until I was hit with a wicked case of insomnia that I finally picked it up again. In just a few nights, I was falling in love with Will and Lake all over again.

But I can't believe:
I forgot about basagna.
I forgot about "Butterfly You". 
I forgot about the secondary characters - Eddie and Gavin. I love them! They desperately need their own book. I want to know their story before Lake met them. 

Favorite Moment that brought on the tears:
"Lake, he didn't move on. He didn't choose this new job over you . . . he chose us over you. He wanted you to have more time with me."

^^^^This is why I love Colleen's books so much. The heartstring tug. It's real.

And how can I ever thank Colleen for including the lyrics from The Avett Brothers songs in this book? I'd never heard of them before reading SLAMMED and I had to seek out the band. I instantly became a fan and my husband is too. We saw them in concert in 2014 and 2015 and we will see them again next month. 

Rereading SLAMMED didn't cure my insomnia, but it was a great way to spend those middle of the night hours AND it set me up to read POINT OF RETREAT which I've already read and NOW the stars have meaning! If you've read the book, you know what I'm talking about. 

Do you reread books? Or do your ever growing TBR piles keep you from picking up some of your favorite books? I'd love to know your thoughts, so leave a comment.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs