Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Mini-Reviews: THE OPPOSITE OF YOU, STILL LIVES, THE KISS QUOTIENT

A collection of mini-reviews, quick thoughts, and books worth mentioning. Check them out!



THE OPPOSITE OF YOU by Rachel Higginson

Publication Date: March 30, 2017
Pages: 302
Source: Purchased
Rating: 4 of 5





My Thoughts

I just loved this book. I was hooked when I read the synopsis included the main character was starting a food truck. And from there, this was a fun read. I loved the rivalry between Vera and Killian. The playfulness and their banter as they critiqued each other's cooking styles and delicious dishes made this an enjoyable read. THE OPPOSITE OF YOU will make you hungry and don't be surprised if you find yourself heading out for a late night fourth meal.




STILL LIVES by Maria Hummel

Publication Date: June 5, 2018
Pages: 275
Source: Library
Rating: 4 of 5





My Thoughts

I decided to read STILL LIVES after Reese Witherspoon announced it as the August book club selection. Her enthusiasm and description was all I needed to get on board with this book. I loved geting caught up in the mystery. It didn't have it figured out early on, but I was always on the lookout for the red herrings. What I found interesting was that I didn't know if the still lives artist having gone missing was part of the mystery of the art she had created or if something had really happened to her. Now that I've finished the book, I'm looking forward to catching up on the book club discussion and find out what other readers think about STILL LIVES.



THE KISS QUOTIENT by Helen Hoang

Publication Date: June 5, 2018
Pages: 336
Source: Library
Rating: 5 of 5





My Thoughts

It was FOMO that made me read this book as soon as I could get my hands on a copy. It seemed like EVERYONE had read this book, everyone was recommending this book and giving it all the stars. Let me just say, the hype was real! I adore this book. It was incredibly sweet and definitely sexy, but more than that it was relatable in unexpected ways. I loved how the characters took the time to try and understand eachother, but how their relationship was intuitive also. Every woman needs a Michael in their life. I adored this book and I know that I will want to read it again. It's a must have for my personal library collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs