Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Review: SNUG by Catana Chetwynd



SNUG: a collection of comics about dating your best friend
by Catana Chetwynd
Publication Date: February 4, 2020
Pages: 136
Published by Andrews McMeel Publishing
Source: Netgalley | Library

Synopsis

Why bother getting out of bed when you could stay bundled up with that special someone and a book of cozy, cute comics. From the author of the bestselling Little Moments of Love comes Snug, a collection of comics that perfectly captures the honest, playful, and relatable snapshots of romantic life.

Catana Chetwynd’s second book has the same charming and inviting style as her first and includes 50 percent new, never-before-shared comics. Snug is a celebration of the quirks and peculiarities of every one of us—and the magic that happens when we find our matching puzzle piece.


My Thoughts

I just adore the comics created by Catana Chetwynd. They've brought me such joy and this collection in SNUG makes me feel just warm and fuzzy just as the title implies. Her comics bring a smile to my face and can make me literally laugh out loud. She really captures those small moments of falling and living in love.

With her book, LITTLE MOMENTS OF LOVE, I would share my favorite comics with my husband because I thought they were "totally us". I would turn to him, show him a comic, and tell him, "Oh my gosh, THIS IS US!" It happened with comic after comic.

Even though he's no longer here for me to share SNUG with him, it made me feel good to read it because I still saw us in the comics. I could hear his laugh and him agreeing, "Yes, this is us."
And, if I'm being honest, there were times that it made me cry too.

SNUG came out in February of this year and I've read it a few times. Chetwynd's new book IN LOVE AND PAJAMAS will be available in February 2021.

If you don't have a chance to check out her books any time soon, you can follow her on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/catanacomics/





Disclaimer:  I requested this e-ARC from Netgalley for review consideration.  I was not compensated in any way other than the e-ARC provided. Thoughts and opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs