Thursday, December 31, 2020

The Books I Read in 2020

I just finished my last book of 2020 - I REALLY NEEDED THIS TODAY: Words to Live By by Hoda Kotb, and I want to share the books I read this year. After my husband died at the beginning of the year, I honestly didn't know if I would be able to find joy in reading again. Sometimes it just felt like I was reading the words on a page, and rereading those same words because I didn't absorb anything. I turned to audiobooks to help keep my mind occupied when I wasn't able to focus. When everything felt wrong and I felt lost, I still turned to books to help me find myself, to make me feel like me, and to find some comfort and even some strength. 

I don't have a top 10 favorite list or a best of list, but I will remember the first book that I read that I was able to lose myself in: The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kaye Adams. I know one of the books that helped me understand my grief: Paradise Cove by Jenny Holiday. And I'll remember the book that made me smile through my tears: Snug by Catana Chetwynd.

Below are the books that helped get me through 2020 - the toughest year of my life.

(The date listed is when I finished the book.)

January
4: Super Late Bloomer by Julia Kaye
6: Unfollowing You by Komal Kapoor
31: Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook)

February
8: Guts by Raina Telgemeier
11: Forever by Maggie Stiefvater (audiobook)
11: Snug by Catana Chetwynd
28: Gender Queer by Maia Kobabe
29: Parental Guidance by Avery Flynn (audiobook)

March

4: Echoes Between Us by Katie McGarry
7: Dirty by Kylie Scott (audiobook)
8: The Secret Diary of Laura Palmer by Jennifer Lynch (audiobook)
15: The Bromance Book Club by Lyssa Kaye Adams
16: shotglass confessional by Cyrus Parker
20: Little Fires Everywhere by Celest Ng (audiobook)
23: The Liar's Daughter by Megan Cooley Peterson
26: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling (audiobook)
29: The Oracle Code by Marieke Nijkamp
29: I'm Not OK with This by Charles Forman
31: Our Year in Love and Parties by Karen Hattrup 

April
1: The Opposite of Innocent by Sonya Sones
10: Drive Me Crazy by Samantha Chase (audiobook)
11: Break Your Glass Slippers by Amanda Lovelace
14: Walking Dead, Vol.2 by Robert Kirkman
21: Love Her or Lose Her by Tessa Bailey
23: Kent State by Deborah Wiles (audiobook)
25: Uncaged Wallflower by Jennae Cecilia
25: Walking Dead, Vol. 3 by Robert Kirkman
26: Happily Ever After by Debbie Tung
27: Drive Me Crazy by Samantha Chase (audiobook)

May
3: Maybe Not by Colleen Hoover (audiobook)
4: The Happy Ever After Playlist by Abby Jimenez
6: Dancing at My Pity Party by Tyler Feder
10: About Last Night by Ruthie Knox (audiobook)
18: Clap When You Land by Elizabeth Acevedo
22: Be Straight With Me by Emily Dalton
27: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling (audiobook)
30: The Perfect Escape by Suzanne Park

June
8: I Left the House Today by Cassandra Calin
13: Camp Spirit by Axelle Lenoir
14: Beach Read by Emily Henry
19: The Tourist Attraction by Sarah Morgenthaler (audiobook)
20: Check, Please: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu
21: Aphrodite Made Me Do It by Trista Mateer
24: So You Want to Talk About Race by Ijeoma Oluo
26: Test Drive by Samantha Chase
28: You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson
28: Where to Begin by Cleo Wade

July
3: Dirty Hands, Broken Ribs & Other Places My Heart Has Lived by Cynthia Rodriguez 
4: The Bright Side of Going Dark by Kelly Harms
15: Dreamland by Sarah Dessen
15: Everything Is Beautiful & I'm Not Afraid by Yao Xiao
22: Mermaid Inn by Jenny Holiday
27: Paradise Cove by Jenny Holiday
29: Saint by Colleen Hoover

August
2: Sadie by Courtney Summers (audiobook)
2: BSC: Boy Crazy Stacey by Ann M. Martin
17: A Pizza My Heart by Teagan Hunter (audiobook)
22: A Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion (audiobook)
23: I Knead You Tonight by Teagan Hunter (audiobook)
28: Leo by Jay McLean

September

5: The Black Flamingo by Dean Atta
7: Love, Creekwood by Becky Albertalli
10: Unpregnant by Jenni Hendricks and Ted Caplan (audiobook)
17: I Fall Apart by Kenzie Hart
19: Crave by Tracy Wolff (audiobook)
20: Grace: Based on the Jeff Buckley Story by Tiffanie DeBartolo
21: We Are Okay by Nina LaCour (audiobook)
27: Furia by Yamile Saied Mendez
29: Heart Bones by Colleen Hoover

October 
5: Undercover Bromance by Lyssa Kay Adams
7: Yes No Maybe So by Becky Albertalli and Aisha Saeed (audiobook)
10: Burned by Ellen Hopkins (audiobook)
12: Sorrow by Tiffanie DeBartolo
16: Smoke by Ellen Hopkins (audiobook)

November 

7: Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins (audiobook)
12: The Boyfriend Project by Farrah Rochon
12: Heartstopper by Alice Oseman
13: The Neurotic Notebook by Lena Friedrich
19: This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen (audiobook)
22: My Last Summer with Cass by Mark Crilley
24: Between the World and Me by TaNehisi Coates (audiobook)
26: I Will Judge You by Your Bookshelf by Grant Snider
28: Again Again by E. Lockhart

December
8: Gingerbread by Rachel Cohn (audiobook)
10: Santa's Secret by Heidi McLaughlin
12: A Very Perry Christmas by Marie Landry
19: Season of Joy by Annie Rains
25: A Beaumont Family Christmas by Heidi McLaughlin
30: The Wrong Family by Tarryn Fisher
31: I Really Needed This Today by Hoda Kotb 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs