Monday, July 1, 2013

My Unexpected Forever (Teaser #3) by Heidi McLaughlin

On Friday readers finally got to see the cover of My Unexpected Forever by Heidi McLaughlin. Here it is again because I can't get enough of it. 

I like the two  images and how the one of Harrison in the foreground shows that this is his story and weight of what his future may be. And how the one in the background alludes to the HEA.

And now to share another teaser of My Unexpected Forever.

Teaser #3
I turn off the water and pull the shower curtain back. I step out onto Quinn’s white mat that turns red when it’s wet. It makes it look like you’re bleeding. He likes it. Thinks it’s funny to scare people with. I put my towel over my head and rub my hands back and forth to dry my hair.
When the door swings open, I peek through the small opening of my towel. Katelyn is staring back at me, her mouth dropping open as her eyes travel down my very wet and naked body.
“Oh fuck,” she says covering her mouth, but not her eyes. She’s totally checking me out and I’d be an idiot to say it’s not turning me on. I take my time as I step into my sweatpants that no longer tie and hang low on my waist. Yeah, I know what I’m doing. It’s time to play dirty.
“Um…” I start laughing.
“I’m sorry…” Katelyn shakes her head, breaking eye contact with me. “I spilled my coffee and Quinn said you were in the shower-- ”
“So you just had to come in and see for yourself?”
“No… um… the uh… upstairs.”
I step forward, pulling her slightly so I can shut the door and lock it. I turn up the volume on my mp3 player so the kids can’t hear us talk. “My shower is being remodeled so I had to use Quinn’s.”
“Makes sense.”
“Why didn’t you run out of here when you saw me?” I ask just loud enough for her to hear me.
“I don’t know,” she whispers, her eyes penetrating into mine. I can’t take it anymore. I lean back against the counter and pull her between my legs.


Need more of Harrison and Katelyn? 
Check out the first two teasers of My Unexpected Forever.



Lost in You - Out Now!



Forever My Girl - The Beaumont Series #1 

My Everything - A Beaumont Series Novella

My Unexpected Forever - The Beaumont Series #2 - September 1, 2012



A USA Today Best Selling Author

An Amazon Best Seller

A Barnes and Noble Best Seller




 
        

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs