Friday, February 25, 2011

Love Your Indie?

I live in a small town where we don't have any independent bookstores. And this saddens me to no end. (Well we do have a coffee shop that has a "used book nook")  Don't get me wrong, I do like my local Barnes and Noble and Books-a-million, but I love the feeling I get when I go into an independent bookstore - like it is filled with hidden treasures just waiting for me to find them. This is probably why any time I visit a new town or city, I always search out the local indie scene.

I've thought about this for a while and alluded to it in previous posts and after visiting Fountain Bookstore again this week, I've decided that I'd like to host a new feature on this blog - Love Your Indie. I'd like to invite any bloggers or readers of this blog to share their favorite independent bookstore in their own post. Depending on the response, I would like to feature a new post once or twice a month.

If you're interested in participating in this new feature, please send me an email at actinupwb@gmail.com - I'd love to hear from you and discover your favorite indie bookstore!

2 comments:

  1. there used to be one that was cool in dublin, but i'm not sure if it is there anymore, right near nrcc

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. lets start our own book store in the lactation room!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs