Saturday, February 12, 2011

In My Mailbox (22)

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme run by The Story Siren which explores the books that have been delivered to our mailbox or doorstep or directly into our hot little hands.


For Review:
The House of Tomorrow by Peter Bognanni

Purchased:
Delirium by Lauren Oliver
The Anatomy of Wings by Karen Foxlee
(Random Buzzers Buzz Bucks)
 Phantom Universe by Laura Kreitzer
 
Used but In a Good Way:
 Beginner's Love by Norma Klein

I had another great week for books. I got the much anticipated Delirium and now I can find out what has brought so many bloggers to tears. I haven't started reading it yet but it is nearing the top of my list. 

A funny thing happened on Thursday. Several people emailed me and IM'd me about a used book sale that was going on in town. I didn't plan to go, but after the third invitation (from my aunt who I rarely get to spend time with) I decided to go, just to check out what they were offering. Let me just say, they were offering a lot! I could have left with arm-loads (my aunt did), but I'm working on the impulse buying (and the hoarding) and I almost made it out of there without any books at all. But (because there is always a but) when I saw Beginner's Love by Norma Klein I didn't want to pass it over. I'd remembered reading Jennifer O'Connell's post at YA Outside the Lines and how these books shaped O'Connell as a reader and a writer and I just couldn't pass it up. The book was only fifty cents so I don't feel guilty about it at all.

I can't wait to see what everyone else got in their mailbox this week. Happy reading!

6 comments:

  1. I have seen alot of Delirium, I hope you enjoy it! I got two books this week.
    jbdownie5@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. DELIRIUM! I'm slightly jealous... ;) Enjoy!

    Lisa @ Lost in Literature
    In My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky you for a good booksale. I picked up Delirium this week too. And I want to read Laura Kreitzer.
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great books. I'm in the middle of Delirium at the moment. Gonna try finishing it today.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.

    Here's Mine: http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/02/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great book week for you! I hope you enjoy them. Here is my IMM if you want to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. woo DELIRIUM! I just get so happy when I see other people with this book in their mailboxes.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs