Friday, June 17, 2016

THE LOOSE ENDS LIST by Carrie Firestone - Cover Re-creation




THE LOOSE ENDS LIST
By Carrie Firestone
Release Date: June 7, 2016
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Summary:
Seventeen-year-old Maddie O'Neill Levine lives a charmed life, and is primed to spend the perfect pre-college summer with her best friends and young-at-heart socialite grandmother (also Maddie's closest confidante), tying up high school loose ends. Maddie's plans change the instant Gram announces that she is terminally ill and has booked the family on a secret "death with dignity" cruise ship so that she can leave the world in her own unconventional way - and give the O'Neill clan an unforgettable summer of dreams-come-true in the process.

Soon, Maddie is on the trip of a lifetime with her over-the-top family. As they travel the globe, Maddie bonds with other passengers and falls for Enzo, who is processing his own grief. But despite the laughter, headiness of first love, and excitement of glamorous destinations, Maddie knows she is on the brink of losing Gram. She struggles to find the strength to say good-bye in a whirlwind summer shaped by love, loss, and the power of forgiveness.

LINKS: 

MY COVER RE-CREATION

While reading rules most of my free time, in the past year, I've discovered a passion for painting. Most of my painting consist of beach landscapes, trees (way too many trees), and the occasional Volkswagen bus, but I've wanted to try something new - book covers. When I saw the cover of THE LOOSE ENDS LIST, I knew I wanted to try and paint it. So I asked my husband to sketch the cover for me and I invited some friends over for a painting/crafting day because "Crafting Heals". Here is my cover re-creation.


The anchor is purple. I swear.
The lighting didn't capture it (or maybe it was the photographer).


The painting in stages.

I know the background isn't exactly the same as the original cover, but I was nervous adding the white patterns, and hey, it's a re-creation.

I'm not sure which cover I'll paint next, but I loved this painting THE LOOSE ENDS LIST!



About Carrie Firestone:
Carrie Firestone has lived in rural, urban, and suburban places, and, while she currently  lives in the suburbs, she is decidedly a CITY person. She loves parties, and all kinds of music, and books about random people doing random things in random places. She loves to travel with her husband, and two daughters, Lauren and Emily. When she isn’t writing, you might find her reluctantly sharing her popcorn at the movies, trying to get people (or dogs)  to do a conga line, or adding items to her loose ends list.

Find Carrie Online: 


4 comments:

  1. Great job recreating the cover with your talents! I've forgotten how much i used to like to sketch--so relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks great. I am impressed. I wish I was artistic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! If it wasn't sketched out first, I'm sure it would've been a mess!

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs