Tuesday, April 6, 2021

Mini-Reviews: LAYLA, AFTER ALL, and GOOD AS GONE

A collection of mini-reviews, quick thoughts, and books worth mentioning. Check them out!


LAYLA by Colleen Hoover
Publication Date: December 8, 2020
Pages: 301
Source: Purchased
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

I love that Colleen Hoover is taking her writing beyond contemporary romance into these new and unexpected places especially with this paranormal romance.

This book scared me and freaked me out way too many times. There were moments when I could feel the change in my breathing and my raised shoulders from fear and anticipation.

And even though I picked up on the paranormal reasoning fairly early on, not because it was easy to figure it out, but I HAD TO figure it out, it still had the intended effect of messing with my mind.

I loved it!



AFTER ALL by Heidi McLaughlin
Publication Date: March 24, 2020
Pages: 334
Source: Author Gift | Purchased Copy
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

I was more than ready to get swept away in the first book of Heidi McLaughlin's new Cape Harbor series. I really enjoyed this contemporary romance that has it all - forced proximity, enemies to lovers, and second chances. And the small town setting is always a favorite - especially when it's set at the beach!

I loved this story filled with secrets and regrets and family and friendship. It was great to meet all of the people of Cape Harbor and discovering the importance of their relationships and how their lives are intertwined. I'm excited to read the next book, Until Then, and hope that there's more to come.



GOOD AS GONE by Amy Gentry
Publication Date: July 26, 2016
Pages: 273
Source: Kindle Unlimited
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

About a year ago, I learned about GOOD AS GONE from another reader on Instagram (I can't remember which one) and I added it to my TBR list. I decided to listening to the audiobook and once I started, I didn't want to stop. I immediate was caught up in this mystery and loved that when I thought I knew what was going on I realized I didn't. The constant switching of perspectives enhanced the telling of this story of a young woman who returns home years after being abducted.

I enjoyed reading the family dynamics but was heartbroken for Julie in all that she suffered in the years that she was missing. In the midst of reading, I shared this title with my book club becasue I know that it was something that they would really want to read. Readers who like mystery and suspence and family drama will want to read GOOD AS GONE.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs