Friday, July 23, 2021

Mini-Reviews: CRAZY STUPID BROMANCE, LOVE HER OR LOSE HER, and MY EVERYTHING

 A collection of mini-reviews, quick thoughts, and books worth mentioning. Check them out!


CRAZY STUPID BROMANCE by Lyssa Kay Adams
Publication Date: October 27, 2020
Pages: 342
Source: Purchased
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

Could this one be my new favorite of the series? Yes is could!

Friends to more is a favorite trope - Alexis and Noah figuring out their friendship and admitting that there was more to it made me so happy. And getting to more of the personalities of the Bromance Book Club members was a wonderful bonus.

What I loved:
1. Mack and his friends planning his wedding to Liv. It's all about the details.
2. Alexis cat, Beefcake: "He had an unkempt, murderous look about him, as if he'd just gone a few rounds inside a clothes dryer and liked it" (pg 23). And he brought his own level of drama. 
3. Alexis's cafe as a safe communal space for women to support each other.

I love this series for all of the laughs that it has given me. Can't wait for book #4!



LOVE HER OR LOSE HER by Tessa Bailey
Publication Date: January 14, 2020
Pages: 336
Source: Purchased
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts

Tessa Bailey's LOVE HER OR LOSE HER had a much different feel from FIX HER UP - the first book of the Hot and Hammered collection. The heat level is just as high and the heart is definitely there, but the story of a troubled marriage stirs up a wide range of emotions. LOVE HER OR LOSE HER pulls on all of the heart strings and leaves readers wanting only the best for Dominic and Rosie as they experience their second chance at a lasting love.

Memorable Quote:
"Lately I’ve learned that letting something feel crazy, not rejecting the unfamiliarity of a situation . . . can lead to something amazing.”

This book made me laugh many times over and there were moments it touched my heart and made me cry. LOVE HER AND LOSE HER explores the different languages of love. Dominic's love for Rosie was deep and true and he would do anything for her. It was beautiful. He began to understand her and the ways she needed him to love her - not just as a provider. She needed actions of love, she needed his words of love. Experiencing them falling in love with each other again was magical. I loved it!!



MY EVERYTHING by Heidi McLaughlin
Beaumont Series 1.5
Publication Date: July 1, 2013
Pages: 88
Source: Purchased
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐.5
Synopsis (link to Goodreads)

My Thoughts
(originally posted 10/11/2016)

When I read FOREVER MY GIRL, Nick Ashford wasn't a character who I could like. From the get-go, I wanted Josie and Liam to find their way back to each other and Nick was one of the obstacles keeping them from rediscovering their love. It was easy to see him as the "villian" of the story. But he wasn't. Not really. His actions were out of desperation of losing Josie's love and Noah.  I didn't truly understand that until I read MY EVERYTHING.  

I loved that the story mainly takes place outside of Beaumont and focuses on Nick rebuilding his life and finding love after he meets Aubrey. I LOVED her character immediately. Her youthfulness was invigorating and she came into Nick's life at just the right time. While this novella is pretty short, just 88 pages, their love story is captivating. 

I'm glad that we get a chance to see a different side of Nick in MY EVERYTHING. This novella is a great addition to the Beaumont Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs