Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Requiem


"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week's pre-publication "can't-wait-to-read" selection is:







Requiem
by Lauren Oliver
Published by HarperTeen
Publication Date March 5, 2013














(from Goodreads)

Now an active member of the resistance, Lena has been transformed. The nascent rebellion that was under way in Pandemonium has ignited into an all-out revolution in Requiem, and Lena is at the center of the fight.

After rescuing Julian from a death sentence, Lena and her friends fled to the Wilds. But the Wilds are no longer a safe haven—pockets of rebellion have opened throughout the country, and the government cannot deny the existence of Invalids. Regulators now infiltrate the borderlands to stamp out the rebels, and as Lena navigates the increasingly dangerous terrain, her best friend, Hana, lives a safe, loveless life in Portland as the fiancĂ©e of the young mayor. Requiem is told from both Lena’s and Hana’s points of view. The two girls live side by side in a world that divides them until, at last, their stories converge.


After listing the series books I haven't finished in yesterday's Top Ten Tuesday, I realized just how much I want to read Requiem right now. Just thinking about Lena and Hana and Alex took me back to the moment of when I finished Delirium and was overcome with emotion. I'm reading Hana now and all I can say is thank you Lauren Oliver for giving your readers something to tide us over. 

2 comments:

  1. I haven't read the first book yet! I really need to get into this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read the previous books but I've heard great things about them. I would love to give them a try sometime. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.
    And also you can check out my international giveaway, here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs