Saturday, October 18, 2014

Dewey's 24 Hour Read-a-thon


Woo-hoo, it's read-a-thon time! I love participating in Dewey's Read-a-thon. This year I'm going the low-pressure route. I've selected a couple of books to read and plan to finish a couple of in progress books. I hope by doing this, I will have a chance to stop by some other blogs participating, cheer some people along and do a few challenges. I have a break planned later today to go see Gone Girl (keeping with the book theme) with some friends. Other than that, I'm ready to read!!! I'll post most of my updates on Twitter @ActinUpJoli and check in here periodically.

Books to Read:




The Day Before by Lisa Schroeder - this is a reread for me
Tomboy by Liz Prince - a graphic memoir/review book
Foreign Exchange by Denise Jaden - already in-progress
Dorothy Must Die by Danielle Paige - already in-progress


Let's get this read-a-thon started!!!

Opening Meme:
1) What fine part of the world are you reading from today? Virginia, USA
2) Which book in your stack are you most looking forward to? Finishing Foreign Exchange
3) Which snack are you most looking forward to? Popcorn
4) Tell us a little something about yourself! I am a thirty-something blogger who rediscovered my love for young adult books during my last semester of college and have never looked back. When I'm not reading or blogging, I spend my time with my book club Provisions and Paperbacks, scoping out independent bookstores, singing along to the tunes of Maroon 5, and generally just actin’ up in any way I can.
5) If you participated in the last read-a-thon, what’s one thing you’ll do different today? If this is your first read-a-thon, what are you most looking forward to? This time I don't have an overwhelming to-read pile of books.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your door prize! Your bookstack looks perfect :) I'll be looking forward to hearing how the books progress and how the readathon goes for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read a little and stop and visit blogs a little. Hope you get to do that as you've planned. Enjoy the readathon!

    If you need a little singing boost as you read along: Here's Singing My Way Through the Readathon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs