Friday, October 3, 2014

Love My Indie Bookstore with Jen from I Read Banned Books


Love My Indie is a feature where fellow bloggers, readers, and authors share their favorite independent bookstores. I love the feeling I get when I go into an independent bookstore - like it is filled with hidden treasures just waiting for me to find them.

Showing some Indie Love today is:


Jen Bigheart of I Read Banned Books

You've heard the saying "everything is bigger in Texas", right y'all? Well it's true and our festivals and bookstores follow in line. BookPeople in Austin is the largest Indie in Texas and on top of their awesome book store and cafe offerings they are in a partnership with the Texas Book Festival to bring Texas Teen Book Festival, a very cool, very large YA book festival. They host authors like Rick Riordan, John Green, Chelsea Handler, David Sedaris, and everyone in between. They host monthly SCBWI meetings, local author nights, and amazing summer kids camps like Camp Halfblood and Ranger's Apprentice Training Camp. These folks are at the forefront of everything cool in the literary world. 
Texas Book Festival 2012

 
The Texas Teen Book Festival is coming soon! October 18, 2014
Get more information at texasteenbookfestival.org  
Follow on Twitter @TXTeenBookFest

Visit BookPeople online at  http://www.bookpeople.com/

Follow on Twitter @BookPeople
Thank you Jen for sharing your favorite independent bookstore!

Jen Bigheart is the Outreach Supervisor for Westbank Community Libraries, PR Director, Texas Teen Book Festival, blogs at I Read Banned Books and Literary Lonestars. She is also on the YA Literature Symposium Marketing & Planning Task Force, YALSA, and a Young Adult Round Table Social Media Manager for the Texas Library Association. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I love our local indie bookstore! Also, thanks for being part of the Saturday Situation Lick Up.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs