Thursday, August 18, 2011

Mini Read-a-thon Wrap Up

The Lauras at The Reading Nook and Books are Precious Gems decided to participate in a read-a-thon. My TBR pile was out of control, so I joined them. I did a little bit of reading (which was to be expected) but not as much as I thought I would - I actually got out and had a life for a few hours. Here were my intentions for the read-a-thon:

1. Read The Treasure Map of Boys by e. lockhart
2. Finally finish Harry Potter and the Sorcer's Stone
3. Read at least one e-book (I'm not naming titles to keep my options open)

I did read The Treasure Map of Boys. Success!

I read about 30 pages of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone but I still have some left. I don't know if I will ever finish that book. What is wrong with me? 

I also wanted to read at least one e-book but that didn't happen because on Saturday, the last day of the read-a-thon, I found out that Ellen Hopkins (one of my favorite author's EVER) would be speaking at a library a couple hours away. I wanted to go and I still hadn't read Fallout, so I started that immediately. By the end of the read-a-thon, I'd finished somewhere around 100 pages. I didn't finish it before the event on Tuesday, but I still think I read more in those days than I would if I hadn't joined the read-a-thon.

All in all, it wasn't too bad, I didn't make a dent in the TBR pile, but reading is reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to comment!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Imagination Designs